Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat
  Re: (...)
Hi all. I just registered. I've been getting Cuisine At Home for almost two years. Love it. I am a BIG foodie. Anyhoo, stupid me lost an issue with a recipe that I like. It was in an issue about a year ago, I guess. It's for a pork tenderloin, sliced in 1" thick pieces, each one wrapped in bacon with a light sauce made with shallots and apple cider. Does anybody have that recipe? Much appreciation for the help.
  Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat by Flarn (Hi all. I just regis...)
Is this the one?

Bacon-cider Pork
(Weeknight Menus, p. 30-31)

Makes: 8 Steaks Total Time: 1 Hour including Sweet Potatoes Rating: Easy

Trim, Cut, and Season:
1 pork tenderloin (1 1/2-2 lb.)

Wrap; Saute in 1 T. Olive Oil:
8 strips thin-sliced bacon

Saute; Deglaze; Season:
1/4 cup shallots, minced
1/2 cup apple cider or juice
2 T. unsalted cold butter, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Trim tenderloin of fat and silverskin and cut into steaks (about 1 1/2" thick). Season with salt and pepper.

Wrap each steak with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high and saute pork 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Tip the steaks on their edges to brown the bacon, rolling them as they brown, about 3 minutes total. Cover and finish cooking to an internal temperature of 145°, about 5 minutes. Remove pork and keep warm; pour off all but 1 T. drippings.

Saute shallots for 2 minutes in the same pan, stirring constantly. Deglaze with cider, scraping up the brown bits and simmer 2 minutes. Then add butter, swirling until melted. Return pork to pan along with any accumulated juices and season sauce with salt and pepper.
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat by TwilightKitten (Is this the one? [im...)
Jeeze that sounds good! I may just have to make that this weekend.

Oh, welcome to the forum! You've stumbled on a crew of like minded foodies!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
That recipe sounds great! I'll have to try that soon.
Welcome to the Board, flarn! Come back often. You'll love it here. Just the place for foodies.
Shirley
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat by TwilightKitten (Is this the one? [im...)
That's it, T-Kitty! Thanks so much, I just don't know what the heck I did with that issue. I also lost the first one I got, the one with the 4 paninis in it.
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat by Flarn (That's it, T-Kitty! ...)
Welcome to the forum, Flarn. Now that you know it's here, be sure to come back and enjoy other discussions.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Welcome, Flarn, and hi, Tammy!

I tried this a while back. It was pretty good, the only suggestion I would make is to parcook your bacon a bit, it's what I always do when wrapping anything, so the bacon gets crisp.

Come join us often!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat by pjcooks (Welcome, Flarn, and ...)
Welcome Flarn!

That does sound good. I'm hoping loins go on sale soon. I want to do the stuffed Italian sausage thing again. I would only need half the loin for that, so I could do the steaks with the other half! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Welcome, Flarn.

I've made this recipe several times... we cut the amount of butter in the sauce to 1 T, it is still plenty rich and saves a few fat calories!
  Re: Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat by HomeCulinarian (Welcome, Flarn. [br...)
Welcome, sorry I can't help you, I don't cook dingbat!

Sally