T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner?
  Re: (...)
tonight is a big night in my two week regime -
Fish, combination salad (no dressing), 1 pc. dry toast, grapefruit, coffee.... (that's o.k., I shall be svelte one day)

What's everyone else up to? (Please make it good, I'll live vicariously thru ya'all!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by cjs (tonight is a big nig...)
I think I will have some juice and Tylenol. I started a low grade fever last night that quickly spiked at 103.7 during the over night and is steady at about 100 to 102 for the last EIGHT hours. I can not get warm and get dizzy (dizzier than normal) when I get up. Big fever and body aches and nothing else. Think I'll skip work today and just stop in tonight since it will be busy. I hear the baby so I have to work my way up stairs to get her ready to go to the sitters house.

Dinner tonight...what ever I don't have to cook...since Holly has trouble "frying" water I may go hungry but food doesn't even sound good.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by firechef (I think I will have ...)
Oh, LJ, sorry you're so under the weather - but, by all means "stop in tonight since it will be busy." and pass around whatever you have!!!

You're making my dinner sound real good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by cjs (Oh, LJ, sorry you're...)
Tonight is venison stew and sourdough potato bread that Sharon posted, which is Ron's new favorite bread!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by cjs (Oh, LJ, sorry you're...)
My "boss" is an person and doesn't seem to care that I am sick and that a kitchen is the worst place for a sick person to be. Therefore I am stuck stopping into work. I am supposed to close tonight but can barely move so I am thinking it could be a long night. My staff consists of one cook, one dishwasher (just made me cut him to a couple of days a month until summer) and our maintenance/dish/sleep-in-the-storage-room but I've been here 20 years guy...so that puts me in the kitchen a lot when I shouldn't be.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by firechef (My "boss" is an idio...)
Sorry you are so sick, LJ. I caught something and it manifested last night. Nothing as bad as yours, though. I'm incoherent with a temp of 101. There is no way I couldn't function with 103*.

Now don't everyone laugh. I made spaghetti sauce for the first time w/o doctoring up a jar of Ragu. It's simmering as we speak. I sauteed garlic, onions, It sausage and some hamburger. Then I added a big can of pureed tomatos, It spices, chili pepper flakes and wine.

Can you think of anything else to put in it? I did have to thin it with a bit of water.

I picked up the jar of Ragu at the store yesterday and read the label. It was tomato puree, the spices, onion and garlic +++ additives. I figured since I joined this site and I'm a Cooker now , I better start making things from scratch.

I used to have a bunch of roasted romas in the freezer but I used them all up. That's one of the ingredients I'd add to the jar of sauce.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by Corinne (Sorry you are so sic...)
Awhile back we froze some Hunters Chicken (Biba's recipe)--we are having that with fresh gnocci and a salad.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by Corinne (Sorry you are so sic...)
Hmmm... Maybe some basil and oregano? Thyme and rosemary? Spaghetti sauce is fun. It always tastes good and makes the house smell good and makes you feel like a 'real' Cooker!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by luvnit (Hmmm... Maybe some b...)
Cory, I add 1 T. olive oil and 1/4 tsp. cider vinegar to my sauce about 20-30 min. before I remove from heat (that's the amount for about 28 oz. of tomatoes)

And sometime if you want to make a real mess in your pot, add a Parmesan rind - it's delicious, but makes a mess.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Again! What's For Dinner? by luvnit (Hmmm... Maybe some b...)
leftover turkey. I bought this organic turkey and brined the thing. My daughter and her family were visiting with her 2 girls, ages 3 and 1. I was trying this new high-temp method whereby you roast the turkey at 400 for 1.75 hours - turning once. This was to be their farewell dinner. Don't you know the little one toddled in and apparently shut off the oven. Dinner was delayed, the little ones bathed and off to bed and we had some extra horsdourves to hold us over. By the time the blasted thing was done, no one was hungry any more and I'm trying to eat the thing before it goes bad.

We've had turkey tetrazzini and soup. Both of us are also fighting off a cold we got from our 2 year-old grandson. I adore my grandkids, but they are germy little critters! It was looking like we might never have any and now they're like city buses - they arrive late and in packs!