I had a blast today :)
  Re: (...)
Well I was asked by my culinary school to be the head guest speaker for the graduating class. Wow what an honor! It's almost been 1 year since I graduated. It seemed liked so much time had passed since I went there and yet I felt right at home.

Seeing my old chef instructors and being told to now call them by their first name was such a trip Students were addressing me as chef and asking my input on things. I know I must have had a stupid grin on my face all day.

It amazed me to find that only 3 from my class have gone on to do anything in food field and that seems to be the trend.

I would love to go back and take a class with my eyes as they are open now and see what I pick up on.
  Re: I had a blast today :) by DFen911 (Well I was asked by ...)
What a GREAT DAY! And a proud moment! I hope you took lots of pictures! Congratulations!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I had a blast today :) by Gourmet_Mom (What a GREAT DAY! A...)
A year already???? What fun!! I feel the same way, it would be fun to go back and see what we might have missed in our ecstacy at being in culinary school.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
congratulations!!!
Madeline
  Re: Re: I had a blast today :) by pink_eagle (congratulations!!!...)
That is just wonderful for you!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Oh that is so exciting! How thrilling. There is still a hope in my mind that I can eventually go - have to wait and see.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I had a blast today :) by Harborwitch (Oh that is so exciti...)
Congratulations, Denise, what an honor! I am so happy for you. Like you, I would have been grinning from ear to ear all day. You must have made quite an impression on your instructors to be asked to come back and speak. Could you go back there to teach or does that require even more training?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Wow Denise! What an accomplishment! You go girl!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Congratulations, Denise! You should be very proud. That is quite an honor. I have often thought that it would be fun to go to culinary school but at my age I'm not sure I could hack it. I'll just stick to short classes here and there. Most of my cooking knowledge I learned in the school of hard knocks otherwise known as years of experience as a home cook.
Shirley
  Re: Re: I had a blast today :) by smschwag (Congratulations, Den...)
"fun to go to culinary school but at my age I'm not sure I could hack it." - I didn't go until I was almost 60!! YOu can hack it! and have fun with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com