help recipe for cinnamon rolls
  Re: (...)
the recipe dates back
  Re: help recipe for cinnamon rolls by mariab (the recipe dates ba...)
the recipe dates back to 1998 cuisine magazine not the recent recipe in the magazine
  Re: help recipe for cinnamon rolls by mariab (the recipe dates ba...)
I do not have access to recipes in Memebers Plus (online recipes), but many others do - it is the holidays though and this is my first time online in a week!

I looked in my recipe index and found two listing for Cinnamon Rolls Issue 6 page 23 or Issue 33 page 4. Since you said early - I am guessing Issue 6. Hopefully tomorrow someone with access will come along - otherwise I might be able to type it up late in the afternoon tomorrow.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: help recipe for cinnamon rolls by esgunn (I do not have access...)
Welcome, Maria, and hello, Erin, I was wondering where you have been!

I'll take a look...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: help recipe for cinnamon rolls by mariab (the recipe dates bac...)
This one?

Cinnamon Rolls
(Cuisine, December 1997, Issue 6, p. 23)

Makes: 14 Rolls Total Time: 1 1/2 Hours Rating: Intermediate

For the Sweet Dough—
Combine:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 t. salt

Dissolve Together:
1 1/4 cups 100° milk
1 pkg. active dry yeast

Stir Milk/Yeast into Flour Mixture, Add in:
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T. unsalted butter, melted

Gradually Add:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

For the Cinnamon Filling—
Mix and Spread:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 T. cinnamon

Sprinkle:
1 cup golden raisins (optional)

For the Basic Glaze—
Whisk Together:
4 cups powdered sugar
4 T. unsalted butter, melted

Whisk in enough milk to make maple syrup consistency.

Related Recipes:

Sweet Dough

Basic Glaze

Combine 3 1/2 cups flour, sugar, and salt, for Dough in a bowl.

Dissolve together yeast into 1 1/4 cups 100° milk.

Stir milk and yeast mixture, eggs, and melted butter to the flour mixture. Stir until well blended.

Gradually add 1 cup flour and stir until the dough pulls away from the bowl. Now it’s ready to be kneaded. While kneading, slowly add remaining flour. To knead, fold dough in half. Give it a quarter turn. Push into the dough with the heel of your hand, then repeat, for about 8 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours. While sweet dough rises, make the cinnamon filling.

Mix sugar, soft butter, and cinnamon together until smooth and spreadable. On a floured surface, roll out risen sweet dough. Work dough alternately to sides and corners. You want a 14 by 18-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly over dough with a spatula. Leave 1/2-inch of edge uncovered to make sealing easy.

Sprinkle (optional) raisins on filling. Roll the dough. Make sure you keep it tight to make a compact swirl. Use a dough scraper to help roll and to loosen from surface. Seal the roll by pulling the open edge up and pinching the dough together with your fingers. Now you’re ready to cut the rolls. Use ruler and knife to mark every 1 1/4". Cut dough in half. Place 14 rolls in two 9" butter-greased pans. Cover and let double in size in a warm place (1 1/2–2 hrs). Bake in middle of oven at 350° for 20–25 min. or until golden brown. Loosen edges with a knife. Hold platter against pan and flip upside down. Repeat onto serving platter so rolls are upright.

Whisk together powdered sugar and butter.

Whisk in 1 T. milk at a time until consistency of maple syrup. Glaze rolls.

Nutrition Information (Per roll):
357 calories 26% calories from fat 10g total fat 60g carb. 191mg sodium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© August Home Publishing Company
www.CuisineAtHome.com

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: help recipe for cinnamon rolls by pjcooks (This one?[br][br]Cin...)
oh man, I haven't made cinnamon rolls forever...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com