Kasbah Spice Rub
  Re: (...)
Who'd a thunk it??? In the back of the little cookbook that came with our new George Foreman G 5 grill there were some recipes for rubs and since I wanted to do a Moroccan salad along with our steak I thought this would be perfect - and it was!

Kasbah Spice Rub

3 tbs. ground paprika
1 tbs. ground coriander
1 tbs. ground cumin
1 tbs. ground turmeric
1 tbs. ground cardamom
2 tsp. grpimd gomger
2 tsp. ground cinnamom
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt.

Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months.

We used this on a 2" thick rib eye - that we grilled outside! HeeHee. This was absolutely delish, and I can't imagine anything that this wouldn't be good on.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by Harborwitch (Who'd a thunk it??? ...)
Quote:

2 tsp. grpimd gomger

Sounds great! is this supposed to be ground ginger?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by Harborwitch (Who'd a thunk it??? ...)
Quote:

Kasbah Spice Rub

Sounds like something you'd expect to find at one of those spas. LOL!

Seriously: this sounds like a great combination, and well worth trying.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"2 tsp. grpimd gomger" - I'm thinking the wine was gone when she typed this....

does sound good - copied!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by cjs ("2 tsp. grpimd gomge...)
"I'm thinking the wine was gone when she typed this.... "

I thought it was very eloquent!!!

Sharon, I love the sound of it. We went a new store here, World Market. I bought one rub, Ras El-Hanhout, that has a lot of the same spices in it. It smells great!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by Lorraine ("I'm thinking the wi...)
Jean there was no wine involved. I was keyboarding in a dark room!!!

Lorraine I have been looking for all the ingredients for Ras el Hanout. It is somewhat similar. You should see me running into all kinds of stores looking for food grade scented rose bud petals. Sheesh. I went out in the back yard and cut off every rose bud I could find and I've got them drying. They don't have much fragrance - but the owner of one of the little Indian/Middle Eastern markets suggested that I douse them with rosewater. HeeeHeee!
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by Harborwitch (Jean there was no wi...)
"Jean there was no wine involved. I was keyboarding in a dark room!!!" - now, that's a great story and you're sticking to it, eh?

so, the answer is 'ground ginger'?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by cjs ("Jean there was no w...)
Still cleaning out recipes - ran across this one from Sharon almost 3 years ago and she still hasn't given us a definitive answer....

"grpimd gomger" = ground ginger ??????????

I haven't played with this yet.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by cjs (Still cleaning out r...)
Ground ginger. Yup. I actually packed that little cookbook in a box to travel with us.

I did finally make the Ras El-Hanhout. I swear I could just rub that stuff on me for perfume. Now to remember where that recipe came from. It was great on roasted sweet potatoes.
  Re: Re: Kasbah Spice Rub by cjs (Still cleaning out r...)
"grpimd gomger" I believe this is the fist name of a "gremolata" which I believe are small kitchen gremlins which can help with cooking but mostly booby trap appliances
Cis
Empress for Life