OK, I'm gone!
  Re: (...)
I did laundry thinking maybe my clothes would shrink and they would maybe fit in the suitcase. Didn't work, but Ive managed to get almost everything in. Including the parcels to the States that didn't get mailed ( You'll know who you are when you don't get gifts in time! Limo is booked for 5am tomorrow. They are saying 100,000 people will go through the airport between noon Friday and midnight Saturday. Great! If all goes on plan, he'll pick me up in VA, and we'll have the rest of the day to ourselves. Then it's work, work, work,!!

Have a great weekend folks, and a great holiday season!

Lorraine

PS I did bring my black velvet and satin Tuxedo top and my great diamonds so I can look snazzy NY Eve, even if I'm wearing my work pants and kitchen clogs!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: OK, I'm gone! by Lorraine (I did laundry thinki...)
Have a great Holiday, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a great time with "his nibs". Don't work too hard - yeah, right!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: OK, I'm gone! by Lorraine (I did laundry thinki...)
Have a safe trip, a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Years, Lorraine! I love the idea of the velvet and satin w/the diamonds, and your chef pants and clogs! Maybe we can get a picture! Merry Christmas!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by pjcooks (Have a safe trip, a ...)
Yeah Lorraine, your get up sounds more elegant than my fur coat, gumboots and blue rubber gloves. Have a great Xmas and New Year, and give The Gillster a big fat wet smacky kiss for me.
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by vannin (Yeah Lorraine, your ...)
well, she's on her way - safe trip!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by pjcooks (Have a safe trip, a ...)
Yeah, get a picture! Sounds cute.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by luvnit (Yeah, get a picture!...)
Well, I was gone, and now I'm back home. The airline phoned me at 2:44am to say the flight was leaving at 7:15 not 8:29. So, I assumed it was 7:15am. Silly me, got up at 3:30, made it to the airport, stood in line for 2 hours, and the flight is 7:16 PM not AM!!!!!!!! It's either take that one, or 6:15 am tomorrow. I think I'll take a nap, then decide. Not a great start to the holidays.
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by Lorraine (Well, I was gone, an...)
I'll curse 'em out for you love!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by bjcotton (I'll curse 'em out f...)
I've cursed enough for both of us. When they phoned to advise me, I asked for an email confirmation. So, at 3am when I read it, it said 7:15. Now, whenever I have booked a flight, they always use international time. Had they said 21:15, I would have known it was tonight. When I phoned to reserve another limo to the airport, the guy said, "didn't we take you there this morning?" I told him it was a short trip. The good news, I re-arranged my suitcase and got more in it.
  Re: Re: OK, I'm gone! by Lorraine (I've cursed enough f...)
Well, it's nice you got something positive out of this!

Safe traveling!

PJ
PJ