Is Anyone Done Yet?
  Re: (...)
For the first time in a looooooooooong time I was still shopping right up until yesterday. Usually my Xmas shopping has been completed months ago and the wrapping weeks ago. I still have one more gift to wrap, but the shopping is done. The decorations were completed as of Dec 26, 2006. We have one stained glass angel that you put a votive candle behind and that's it. Bah Humbug has lived here for years
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by bjcotton (For the first time i...)
I'm done too - bought the last little goodie yesterday for one of the neighbors. I have a couple more to wrap, but that's it!!

Now, if the storm 'ain't' too bad tonight, we're outta here in the a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by cjs (I'm done too - bough...)
I'm as done as I'll be. I tried to get everything in my suitcase last night. Now I have to go to plan B.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by Lorraine (I'm as done as I'll ...)
RUB IT IN why doncha! (Us working folk gotta do what we can...LOL!) I did finish shopping yesterday. Decorating has been done. I've got one more trip to the grocery store. (I say with the confidence of an innocent child. HA HA!) Tonight begins the baking marathon. Hope to be finished and delivered by tomorrow afternoon. Then comes wrapping tomorrow night. By Sunday, I hope to be kicked back for a while before beginning Christmas morning brunch and afternoon buffet prep and Christmas Eve dinner. YIKES! Now that I've seen that in print, it looks like I'll be busier than I thought. At least I don't have to travel...everybody is coming to my house! And HEY, I get 2 weeks to do what I want to do after Tuesday!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by Gourmet_Mom (RUB IT IN why doncha...)
Good for you! During those two weeks, take some time for you! Kick back in the morning, put your feet up and have a quiet cup of whatever your drink in the morning...I hear Bloodymarys are good.

Billy
  Re: Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by bjcotton (Good for you! Durin...)
I'm slowly getting the tree decorated, the mantel and hearth are done. There's still a bunch more to do. I think there's one more tray of cookies to throw in the oven. Now to get all the cookie jars and plates done.

We are going to my (ex)step-son's house for Christmas eve. All my "step-kids" and their kids, and my ex are all going to be there. (This will be the first time we'll ALL be together for Christmas. Funny, it takes cancer for them to all suddenly want to see their Dad.

Jennifer wants me to make stuffing for her (no pork, mushrooms, oysters,etc.) and my cider gravy. I thought I'd whip up some rolls & bread to take - perhaps an appy.

Christmas day it will just be the 3 of us (I think). Simple dinnner - Prime rib, and whatever trips my trigger.

As for shopping - we aren't doing a lot this year and what we are doing is almost done. Then comes wrapping. Usually we've done our shopping over the year, it's done, and just needing wrapping by November. Not this year.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I just got an email that I'm not done shopping. I now have a list of things to pick up at the airport. They sell gift packs of little jugs of maple syrup, and boxes of maple candy. I thought I had bought enough for the FOH staff at the Inn, but apparently I didn't.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by Lorraine (I just got an email ...)
throw out the shoes, Lorraine!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have one more gift card to buy and some Newcastle for my father-in-law (they don't sell it where he lives). Then, I'm done! We've tried to keep the gift giving simple in my family. We give each child one gift plus a special Christmas ornament each year. Our kids requested to have a gift exchange among themselves this year for the first time. The extended family on my side does a gift exchange. We only buy for the kids still in school on hubby's side. Decorating is done. Still want to bake a couple more batches of cookies. Got behind on the baking this year.

The office is closed until January 2, so I'm looking forward to the time off.
  Re: Re: Is Anyone Done Yet? by HomeCulinarian (I have one more gift...)
What I said to Gourmet Mom earlier goes to all of you, take some time for yourself.

Billy