Looking for an Italian cookie recipe
  Re: (...)
or at this point, even a name would be good! My husband's aunt (whom I've actually never met, we just get the cookies through another family member every Christmas). I would love to make them myself. They are small round cookies with a tiny bit of icing on them (she puts sprinkles on them) and they have sort of a hard texture (not as hard as biscotti though) and a slight anisette flavor. Not very sweet.

Anyone have any idea of what they are called?
  Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Trixxee (or at this point, ev...)
I made these for Bob's Mom one year - she loved them so much. This recipe is from Cooks.com - and is identical to the one I used.

I am not making any more cookies
I am not making any more
I am not making any
I am not making a
I am not mak
I am . . . . .no more cookies!!!!

ITALIAN ANISE COOKIES (ANGELONIES)
Printed from COOKS.COM

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. anise extract
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

FROSTING:

2 c. confectioners' sugar
2-3 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. any of extracts
Nonpareils

Melt shortening and butter and cool. Mix eggs, sugar, anise, lemon and vanilla. Blend in melted shortening. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well until it forms a soft dough. Dough will be easier to work with when cool. Place spoonful on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Mix confectioners' sugar, milk and extract to form desired consistency and drizzle on warm cookies. Sprinkle with nonpareils while still warm.

forgot to add the recipe!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Harborwitch (I made these for Bob...)
What did you say on another thread about having to go into the kitchen and roll out some cookies?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by bjcotton (What did you say on ...)
I didn't say b-a-k-e I said I'm not going to m-a-k-e cookies. Although I should make those anise cookies for our "other" Bill, the Italian. But I won't - time to decorate the tree and put the mess away!
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Harborwitch (I didn't say b-a-k-e...)
Lucky you...I won't get to make mine until Friday and Saturday. Busy days ahead!

I haven't even started shopping yet. Thank goodness the decorating is done and the kids don't want much....they got there's this fall! Two laptops and a set of "special" All terrain tires....those three will be lucky if there's ANYTHING under the tree!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Lucky you...I won't ...)
We've done NO shopping, minimal decorating (like, the tree is standing!) All I've done is bake cookies. Time to start packing them up and. . . . ..
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Harborwitch (We've done NO shoppi...)
This is probably exactly it! Thanks Harborwitch! I'll put my husband to work on these this weekend. He's the Italian in the family, after all.

I do not remember seeing Anise Extract at the grocery store but I admit I've never hunted for it.
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Trixxee (This is probably exa...)
I hope these are the ones you remember. I'd love to make a batch, but I guess I have to make puppy cookies.
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by Harborwitch (I hope these are the...)
I just wanted to say thank you for posting the recipes. I stumbled across them and have added them to my collection
  Re: Re: Looking for an Italian cookie recipe by zedkhov (I just wanted to say...)
WELCOME zedkhov---hope you visit again----nice fun group of people here---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy