Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'?
  Re: (...)
Finally, I'm going to try the Duck Breasts & Beer Sandwiches - really looking forward to this one.

Then tomorrow night will be the C@H review dinner - under the time limit!!

Had an acorn squash with lamb chops last night - haven't had the squash for the longest time, sure tasted good.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by cjs (Finally, I'm going t...)
I love acorn squash!!! I'm on my own for supper tonight. I've got some great olive bread, some prosciutto, and lots of cheese. I can eat it at the counter while making pecan balls. I'm anxious to hear about the duck sandwhich. Hope you take pictures.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by Lorraine (I love acorn squash!...)
Ditto that! Pictures and a review!

I'm off to see the wizard - I mean my new Oncologist - Bob and I will discuss dinner on the way. Last night was brie with bourbon cranberries (spiced up with some chile d'arbol), the leftover goat cheese, and crackers. Tonight has to be something wonderful!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by Harborwitch (Ditto that! Pictures...)
We had the shrimp parmesan from the latest issue----REALLY good---I did not make the fried mozzarella though---not necessary as an extra cholesterol/calorie addition IMHO....not missed---served with a green salad and citrus dressing---very nice indeed!!!

We will have this again----angel hair pasta is one of our favorites!!! The sauce was really simple but tasty with an addition of a bit of chopped fresh basil---YUMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by Roxanne 21 (We had the shrimp pa...)
I loved the Shrimp Parm, Rox, I was lucky enough to find some really nice tomatoes for this.

Last night I was bad (and driving home through a driving snowstorm made me think I deserved it), I ordered fried clams and fried haddock from the seafood store up the road. So tonight it won't be much of anything, I'll make Picky a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches if his stomach starts rumbling:

Besides, have to work early again tomorrow, and Sunday, and Monday, and... well, caterers cater at Christmas, you get the picture.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by cjs (Finally, I'm going t...)
I've been meaning to make some lamb chops. That sounds really great.

Tonight my hubby requested corn chowder. I really love this corn chowder. We have it every year. It's great!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by luvnit (I've been meaning to...)
I did the Pork Wellington last night..yum to the whole thing. I didn't do the broccolini though.

I only wrapped one in the dough and the other three were cooled and then vacuum packaged.

Tonight it's pork blade roast shredded into a mild cheese sause served with rice and a green salad.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by bjcotton (I did the Pork Welli...)
"I can eat it at the counter" ...and calories don't count when you eat standing up.

"Tonight has to be something wonderful!!!" - last night sounded wonderful to me!

"chopped fresh basil" - a 'roxanne' whine is called for right about now!!!

"fried clams and fried haddock" sounds so good.

'corn chowder' - we had a couple of bowls of Poblano & corn chowder last week, love that stuff.

Lots of us did/are doing the review dinner this time, that's great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by cjs ("I can eat it at the...)
I am making mushroom soup, with hot rolls, beef strog. and mashed potatoes, stuffed zucchini side, a salad pick bowl, and lemon pie for dessert. Our guests of the last fornight are going back to Portland OR and I can hardly bear the thought of them leaving.
  Re: Re: Another T.G.I.F. - What's Cookin'? by vannin (I am making mushroom...)
Mushroom soup, Dale, think there any direct flights from, NH?? and rolls and stuffed zukes, I can fill up on those alone!

What time is dinner

PJ
PJ