Asparagus, chicken and mushroom
  Re: (...)
Stir fry---Issue 32 page 40

this was dinner tonight----don't know how I passed over this one before BUT what a great taste fest!!! So very easy and wonderful for a light dinner---Peter pigged out on bagels today.....we went to the "New York Deli" and loaded up on some goodies soooo I had to do something sort of light.

I served with a rice pilaf---perfect combo. Something to take a look at if you like stir fries---we do!!!

Dessert you ask???? Haagen Daas double chocolate cookies and cream (new on the shelves here---oh my!!! ) We sure miss Ben and Jerry's but this hit the spot for the ice cream craving....Now to find a way to blow up the Haagen Daas compartment
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by Roxanne 21 (Stir fry---Issue 32 ...)
Yum! I've fixed that one a couple of times. Know what I haven't really made before? Pilaf...I've made something I called pilaf, but it wasn't really. Got a good recipe?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by bjcotton (Yum! I've fixed tha...)
Just a quickie thing I do----- saute a bit of onion then brown some vermicelli in a little butter, add the amount of rice you want (two of us have 1/2 cup, uncooked) then add enough water/chicken broth to about 1/2 inch above the level of the rice in the pan and cover over VERY low heat---let cook until the water is absorbed, turn off heat and let pan sit until the moisture is totally gone---dry rice kernels, in other words. You could add anything you wish to the saute part of the process---green or red minced pepper/garlic/spring onion, finely diced carrot--too many possibilities there---I do what the mood tells me according to the main dish. Asparagus and mushroom säid "KISS" (keep it simple, stupid) so that's what I did---great side. I'm sure everybody out there has a favorite for pilaf---the vermicelli is the main addition though---IMHO
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by Roxanne 21 (Just a quickie thing...)
If somone has a moment, please post the recipe. My collection starts with Issue 39.
thanks, love you guys
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by farnfam (If somone has a mome...)
Here you go cis - looks good, I haven't done this one either.

Asparagus, Chicken, and Mushroom Stir-fry
(Cuisine at home, April 2002, Issue 32, p. 40)

Makes: About 4 Cups Total Time: 25 Minutes Rating: Easy

Prepare:
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
4 oz. chicken breast,thinly sliced
1 T. fresh ginger, peeled, minced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

Combine:
3 T. brown sugar
3 T. lime juice (1 lime)
2 T. low-sodium soy sauce
1 t. chili garlic sauce
1 t. cornstarch

Stir-fry in:
1 T. vegetable oil

Serve with:
Steamed white rice

Prepare first five ingredients, keeping the chicken separate.

Combine sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl (crush cornstarch lumps with your fingertips to dissolve). Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers.

Stir-fry chicken in the hot oil for 1min., stirring constantly. Add asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry another 4 min., stirring constantly to prevent the garlic and ginger from burning. Add the soy sauce mixture to the vegetables and simmer 1 min., or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.

Serve the stir-fry with steamed white rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by cjs (Here you go cis - lo...)
Thanks Jean, this looks good and simple. Can't wait to try it.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by farnfam (Thanks Jean, this lo...)
I was getting ready to do the type thang!!! Thanks Jean for your thoughtful posting of this recipe---saved me a bit of time---a typist I ain't!!!

Cis--you will love this recipe---simple, light and oh sooo tasty!!! As I mentioned--I served with a rice pilaf that was the perfect addition to this dish.....I will definitely make again!!!!
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by Roxanne 21 (I was getting ready ...)
...and I know you don't have access to the archives...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asparagus, chicken and mushroom by cjs (...and I know you do...)
WHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooooo deprived