-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 4 oz onion -- peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic -- peeled
3/4 pound crimini mushrooms -- cleaned & quartered
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup almonds -- roasted

In a food processor, whirl onion and garlic, pulsing on and off, until very finely chopped. Scrape into a bowl. Add half the mushrooms to processor and pulse until finely chopped (take care not to puree); scrape into bowl with onion mixture. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.

In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add mushroom-onion mixture, thyme, and 1-tsp salt; stir often until liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, spread almonds in an 8-inch square pan. Bake in a 350F oven, shaking pan occasionally, until nuts are golden beneath skins, about 10 minutes. Pour into food processor. Whirl until nuts are as finely ground as possible. Stir into warm mushroom mixture.

Pack into a small bowl (at least 2 1/2-cup capacity) or two 1-cup ramekins; cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight to blend flavors. Bring to room temperature and serve.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by bjcotton (Here ya go Sweetie![...)
I have already printed it - and can't wait to make it! Thank you Darlin' you're an angel! I think Bob will love it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by Harborwitch (I have already print...)
I wonder: if someone were to take some of this and sauté it, and someone were to ask why she was sautéing it, would she reply...

... "It's my pâté, and I'll fry if I want to"

???
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by labradors (I wonder: if someone...)
Labs, that's 2/3 of a pun....P U
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by bjcotton ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Thanks for asking Sharon! Thanks for the recipe Billy! My daughter has learned to LOVE mushrooms. I can't wait to make this for her!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for asking Sh...)
I have one that does - and one that doesn't. That's okay only the one who doesn't lives at home, more for Bob and I!! LOL
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by Harborwitch (I have one that does...)
Youngest son HATES them...but so did daughter until a few years ago...so there's hope yet...LOL! But like you said...more for me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by Gourmet_Mom (Youngest son HATES t...)
My ex said he hated mushrooms, told me when we first met. I figured it must be all in his head so brain child (23?) that I was I put a can of mushrooms in the blender and pureed them before I threw them in the highly seasoned spaghetti sauce. He could smell them when he came in the door.

What he hadn't told me was that as a child they were very very poor and his Russian immigrant mother foraged for mushrooms to feed her kids. That was what they ate (during mushroom seasons, of course) and he could not stomach them ever since. Said he'd rather starve.

His dislike rubbed off on daughter #2 and she WON'T eat them.
  Re: Re: Mushroom Paté for Sharon by Harborwitch (My ex said he hated ...)
When a lot younger my son couldn't stomach them either, altho he like the 'juice'. So I figured it must be the texture, so he ate them, quite content, but pureed or as a creamy smooth soup.