What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night?
  Re: (...)
After Roy read that duck sandwich recipe from the game site Laura (?) posted, I have a duck thawing in the fridge which will take a couple days and I have Lamb chops thawing for tomorrow nite, but tonite we're having salmon - depends on the weather whether I can grill or have to roast it.

Think I'll look for an old Cooking Light Mac & Cheese that I've made before to have with it.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by cjs (After Roy read that ...)
That is so odd. I replied to this one and it never showed up. Huh...

We are having Pheasant tonight. Not a recipe from that wonderful site, but my MIL's recipe. I'll post it if it's any good.

Mac & Cheese sounds yummy. Especially the homemade stuff.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by cjs (After Roy read that ...)
Making minestrone soup tonight. It's cold and damp here today and hot soup should hit the spot.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by HomeCulinarian (Making minestrone so...)
We had one of those RARE evenings and went out to eat---went to the MD today and spent much more time there than we thought we would so on the way home --- let's have dinner out!! We went to one of those steak houses y'all have there and Peter had a HUGE steak (bad, bad, bad--) and it was cooked to perfection....I went with a veggie quesadilla and it was nicely done. Still prefer to do my thang in the kitchen though. Nice break from clean-up--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by Roxanne 21 (We had one of those ...)
I was just trying to think about something for supper so went and looked in the freezer...there's a bag of tater tots that seem to be calling. Gotta go to the MD today and donwanna! They called to schedule a colonoscopy today and I told them "In your dreams!"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by bjcotton (I was just trying to...)
Well, for us it's pot roast that was slow cooked in my big ol' cast iron dutch oven, mushroom gravy, and oven roasted veggies. Also made the 18 hour bread with roasted garlic. This is real comfort food for a rainy day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by bjcotton (I was just trying to...)
The cupbaords are bare (didn't do much shopping on the weekend), so we stopped a tthe Italian Bakery and picked up one of their homemade lasagnas and a loaf of Italian bread. Add a salad and I'm done!!

Billy, and you call me chicken??????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Just tater tots Billy? Nothing else? No tater tot fricase or tater tots under glass?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Leftovers from last night.

What I made last night was as follows:
  • Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil in an oven-safe pan.
  • Add chicken. Brown on each side, and cook until about half-way done.
  • Add Sauvignon Blanc and chicken stock. Simmer, turning the chicken once, until the chicken is almost done.
  • Slice open poblano peppers, remove stem, seeds, and veins, and place pepper slices on top of chicken.
  • Transfer pan to a preheated oven. Bake until peppers are almost done, flipping the peppers once.
  • Top the entire thing with slices of Manchego cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. (By now, the chicken certainly should be done, but always double check, of course.)
  • Serve on top of rice.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Tuesday Night? by labradors (Leftovers from last ...)
Labs, you need to move closer!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.