My Pork Wellington
  Re: (...)
Ok I had to make this it just sounded yummy. However I had to make some changes.

I did everything as directed. Be sure to season your pork well or it will lack flavor. I also took 2 medium yukon gold potatoes peeled and sliced them about 1/4 inch thick. These I then simmered in about 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (low sodium) that was seasoned with thyme and rubbed sage till tender but not over soft.

Mine were assembled as followed -

Puff pastry
Prosciutto
potato slice
spinach
pork
gorgonzola cheese

Wrapped it up and baked as directed. They were delicious!! I did the mushroom sauce that was just wonderful.

These came out so good I'm putting them on my menu. I can't wait to do them with beef.

So this recipe gets 4 thumbs up, mine and hubbys
  Re: My Pork Wellington by DFen911 (Ok I had to make thi...)

HI do you think I could leave out the Spinach - not so much a fan

of it. Love the potatoe Idea.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by mjkcooking ([br]HI do you thin...)
DENISE!!!!!!! You are not supposed to review a recipe UNTIL the review date!!!!!! (Which is Dec 17---!!!)

Oh----forgot---you're new here---TEN LASHES with a wet noodle, girl!!

I thought you mentioned something about lactose intolerance--I have been racking the old brain here for a sub and you used gorgonzola somewhere....I'm confused. Good idea for the potatoes---I have never heard of that but I'm going to use Boursin. Thanks for the thumbs up--this is on for next week and my review will be on DECEMBER 17----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by Roxanne 21 (DENISE!!!!!!! You ...)
Fifty lashes, Denise - someone get out the wet noodle...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by cjs (Fifty lashes, Denise...)
I couldn't wait! I have to do these recipes on the weekends. The more I read it the more excited I got to try it

MJK I'm sure you could omit it. It's just there for flavor. I would try and substitute it for another green, kale maybe. It's so beautiful when you cut in half and pour the mushroom sauce in between.

Roxanne, yeah it's me that's becoming that way. But since it was only about a teaspoon it didn't bother me. I used the gorgonzola because of it's flavor.

Now as for the wet noodle...pasta for our next review?
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by DFen911 (I couldn't wait! [im...)
We know how it is, Denise - sometimes I have to sit on a darn review for two weeks!! It's maddening.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by cjs (We know how it is, D...)
Well, if it were up to me, I'd review them whenever I made them. That would give the others ideas for future uses of the recipe. AND ya know I have trouble keeping my mouth shut anyway
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by bjcotton (Well, if it were up ...)
Thank you Billy...yeah..that's..um..exactly what I was thinking of.
  Re: Re: My Pork Wellington by DFen911 (Thank you Billy...ye...)
You probably remember Jean hollering at me for posting my reviews early too but I forgave her, she's getting a bit long in the tooth, bless her heart!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My Pork Wellington by DFen911 (Ok I had to make thi...)
I am glad I read your review. I just made my Pork Wellington last night. I made sure I seasoned the meat very well before I seared it. It turned out beautifully. I can't find my camera, so I didn't get a photo.

Not that I would post it right now. Since I am not reviewing this dish until the 17th. Right?!?!?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura