Holiday Party Menu for Book Club
  Re: (...)
In December we have a non-book meeting where we have a nice dinner. For the last two years, we've gone to one of the member's restaurant. She doesn't have the restaurant anymore, so another gal & I are cooking for the group. We met for lunch today to settle on a menu and divide the work. Someone else is bringing dessert. Everyone else is bringing their favorite wine to drink.

Here's the menu:

Appetizers - canopies of smoked salmon on a cucumber slice with a dill cream and caper garnish and stuffed mushrooms.

Soup Course - French Onion

Salad Course - Red wine poached pear salad (C@H)

Palette Cleansing – Raspberry Sorbet & champagne

Main Course - Pork Wellingtons with mushroom sauce, braised broccolini and lemon glazed carrots (C@H Holiday Book)

Dessert ???

This reminds me to ask whatever happened to the C@H Forum Virtual Book Club idea?
  Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club by HomeCulinarian (In December we have ...)
Quote:

This reminds me to ask whatever happened to the [Email]C@H[/Email] Forum Virtual Book Club idea?

I'm too afraid to commit, Christmas + Catering = No Time!!

Sounds like a wonderful party, I know everything will be great!

PJ

PS You'll love the Pork Wellingtons!
PJ
  Re: Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I seem to vaguely remember some talk about it, but no real memory of what was decided.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club by HomeCulinarian (In December we have ...)
"This reminds me to ask whatever happened to the C@H Forum Virtual Book Club idea?"

I just got an email from my library that my copy of the recommended book is in and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I think Roxanne said she was going to order it from Amazon. Anybody else going to join in?

HC, your menu sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time.
Take pics!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club by Mare749 ("This reminds me to ...)
I guess I'll have to look up the wellington recipe. Sounds GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club by Gourmet_Mom (I guess I'll have to...)
What book was it, Maryann - I don't remember the idea got that far!! How fun. (Please don't say I'm the one that suggested a book... )

Your menu sounds quite tasty, Tammy - what are you stuffing the mushrooms with?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com