5 Year Old Gouda
  Re: (...)
I was at the New Seasons Market today and they told me they were no longer going to carry the 5 Year Gouda. Instead they were going to carry the 2 Year Old Gouda. They said the 5 yo was too expensive...I pointed out to them that the 2 yo was only $2 a pound cheaper...they said it was a management decision. As those who know me will probably guess, I didn't hesitate in the least with a demand to see someone in management. This man said the decision to carry the younger cheese was made "above his pay level." Of course, I opened my mouth with, "What? Not enough profit on the 5 yo?" I proceeded to buy the rest of what they had in stock...$58 worth. The younger cheese is okay, but just not up to par with the older one. I'll be sharing some of this with Jean at Christmas.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: 5 Year Old Gouda by bjcotton (I was at the New Sea...)
What do you mean "SOME" of this??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 5 Year Old Gouda by cjs (What do you mean "SO...)
Well, one of the wedges [they're all small] has to go to some friends at home for Xmas. We'll have one larger piece and a couple of smaller ones if I don't eat it all.. ya know Buddy likes it too
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: 5 Year Old Gouda by bjcotton (Well, one of the wed...)
You will eat it all, you great mouse. I know. Have a nibble for me billy.