Wednesday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
For us this will be a meatless night - it's been a while, don't know why... some kind of pasta (probably clean out the fridge kind)

and maybe I'll play with one of the old bread recipes I mentioned a few days ago -
the saucy taco or the BBQ bean one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner? by cjs (For us this will be ...)
Homemade chicken noodle soup and some type of toasts to go with it.
Not sure what we're having tonight. My hubby has a meeting tonight at work, well at 3:30, and they are serving pizza. He doesn't think he will be hungry at our ususal dinner time.

I would have leftover Chicken with Paprika Cream, but I already ate it for breakfast It was staring at me, calling my name, I couldn't resist.

Maybe I will get some inspiration from the others.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Well Jennifer was home for dinner last night - so we had the Chicken with Paprika Cream.

Tonight it's just Bob and I. I've got a lovely pork roast that I think I'll rub down with goodies and roast with some onions. Then cook up the left over potatoes and some kraut. It' foggy and damp - that sounds really good and easy.

Bob's got me off my feet today, 2 doz. biscotti, a ton of gingerbread cookies, the bittersweet chocolate cookies, and the chorizo yesterday. Then dinner in the evening. Too much in one day - too much to do, not enough time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Tonight is our daughter's winter orchestra concert - so, we'll have leftover turkey noodle soup and grilled cheese sammies.

Have a dusting of snow here today. Makes the place look kind of pretty.
http://www.uiuc.edu/resources/quadCam.html
Screen capture doesn't do it justice.

[Image: quadcam12-5-07.gif]
I'm debating between making the Chicken Francese from WNMII or making the Brazilian Chicken from the same WNMII.

We've had the Brazilian chicken and my entire family loved it but it would mean a trip to the market. I have the stuff for the francese but I have some Italian sausage that I need to cook too.......decisions, decisions......
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner? by mlucas1 (I'm debating between...)
My friend gave us some frozen homemade saurkraut today and I'd love to have it tonite, but my freezer and fridge are sparse, not shopping til tomorrow. I've got leftover baked rainbow trout, but I don't know it that'd go together. I'm pretty sure it won't.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner? by mlucas1 (I'm debating between...)
Meg, I read part of your post as "We had a Brazilian chicken" and my mind puzzled over what would make a Brazilian chicken different from an American chicken for a few seconds before I realized I'd screwed up reading it.
That's what happens when ya get old
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner? by bjcotton ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Spag. Bol. with salad.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner? by bjcotton ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)

Billy, it's funny because your post about the chorizo reminded me of this recipe!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]