Fresh Sage - Need to Use
  Re: (...)
Good morning! I have some fresh sage that I should use up but not sure what to do with it. I've been trying to get into Epicurious.com all morning and I get as far as 2 pages of sage recipes when the server "is busy".

Anyone have any ideas of what I could incorporate sage into tonight or tomorrow? Thanks.
  Re: Fresh Sage - Need to Use by Trixxee (Good morning! [img...)
Trixxee - here's a list of goodies that sage is especially good with, from my FLC -

duck
eggplant
fish
game
goose
liver
peas
pork
poultry
ravioli
roasts
stuffings
tomatoes
tuna
veal

I'd suggest just add it to anything you're cooking up. The leaves are also really good fried in oil till crisp and used as a garnish with dishes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fresh Sage - Need to Use by cjs (Trixxee - here's a l...)
Here's a recipe from one of the many cooking classes I've taken. They make a great little appetizer.

Polpettini

These little appetizers can be baked ahead and fried just before serving.

1/2 lb ground veal
1/2 lb ground pork
2 tsps fresh sage, chopped
4 tbsp toasted pine nuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
S & P to taste

Place ingredients in large bowl and mix by hand until ingredients are just combined. Form into small balls, no larger than an inch. Place on baking sheet. Place in a preheated 375 oven for 15 minutes. Remove, and drain on paper towel.

When ready to serve, heat 1/2 cup white wine with 4 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Bring to gentle boil. Add meatballs and cook until heated through. It won't take long. Add a good splash of fresh lemon juice.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Fresh Sage - Need to Use by cjs (Trixxee - here's a l...)
"ravioli"

With a brown butter sage sauce!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Fresh Sage - Need to Use by Lorraine ("ravioli"[br][br]Wit...)
yes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Fresh Sage - Need to Use by Trixxee (Good morning! [img...)
If you want to enjoy the sage itself, I have had excellent catering results doing a beef consomme (made the long way) and then adding nothing but Fried Sage leaves to the top.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985