Snowing!!
  Re: (...)
We got our first snow last night - it's absolutely gorgeous around here!! Grabbed one the little neighbor girls and went strolling thru it and listened to the stillness. I love the first snow.

We're supposed to have a neighborhood seafood fest today - our neighbor, the fishing boat capt. is back from Alaska (but his house is rented out...) so he lives in another town now, anyway he's bringing the seafood. I sure hope he can get thru.... otherwise, we'll be having a lot of side dishes and a big cobbler.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Snowing!! by cjs (We got our first sno...)
Hi, Jean! Our first snow was Tues Nov 20. Since I came out of work and had to clear 4 inches of snow from my car, my reaction wasn't quite as peaceful...or as still as yours. It is lovely, though, as long as I'm at home and don't need to go anywhere!

Enjoy your seafood fest, wish I was there

PJ
PJ
We have our snow now too. IT started snowing yesterday and quite sometime early this morning. Several inches, not sure how much. My hubby will tell me as soon as he comes in from shoveling though. Then I can divide that number by 2 and have how much snow we really got.

My little boy (3 yrs.) is out there with him in his snow pants, hat, boots, mittens... he looks just adorable
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Snowing!! by luvnit (We have our snow now...)
Quote:

My hubby will tell me as soon as he comes in from shoveling though. Then I can divide that number by 2 and have how much snow we really got.

Oh, memories of kids in snowsuits, those were the days! (Except for the cold, wet undressing).

[Image: scan0001.jpg]

Picture just says "Big Storm of '93". These are the 2 little ones. Still can't get them to wear jackets.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Snowing!! by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What beautiful children PJ. We had some snow mixed with rain when I came up on Friday. It has been the same mix yesterday and today...more rain than snow. Temp is hovering around 40F.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
We had a dusting of snow Saturday morning when we woke up. The kids were so excited, but wanted to make a snowman and there just wasn't enough. Wet snow on and off during the day but it never stuck. Pouring down rain today. Stephanie is crushed.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Snowing!! by esgunn (We had a dusting of ...)
I don't really care if it snows here since I have 7 different cars available to drive with 4 of them being 4-wheel drive. Marilee lives on top of a bluff and there is no easy way down if there's snow and you don't have 4-wheel drive.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Snowing!! by bjcotton (I don't really care ...)
We had some freexing rain / snow last week, but last night was our first real snowfall. It was the perfect evening to sit n front of the fire watchng a movie, with the cats under the blanket.

Have a great seafood fest, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Snowing!! by Lorraine (We had some freexing...)
Beautiful--I envy you--we get snow every 10-15 years.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Snowing!! by Old Bay (Beautiful--I envy yo...)
They are forecasting the worst weather in about 20 years for this year. Extreme cold and more snow than usual. I knew I should have bought more wood.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.