Dinner for Review Dec. 17th
  Re: (...)
Oh My IT'S DECEMBER ALREADY!!!! I was afraid this would get lost, no way would I remember what thread Billy so nicely posted it in, bless your heart

So, here's our menu - with whatever changes anyone wants to do...

Pork Wellingtons

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Pork-Ham

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Sear in 1 T. olive oil; chill:
2 pork tenderloins, trimmed and cut into 8 medallions
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Saute in 1 T. olive oil:
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 6 oz bag baby spinach
Prepare; Assemble with:
1 17 oz box frozen puff pastry -- thawed
4 ounces prosciutto -- thinly sliced-divided
seared medallions
2/3 cup goat cheese (3 oz) -- divided
sauteed spinach -- divided
Brush with:
2 large eggs beaten with 2 T. water
Roasted Mushroom Sauce
Lemon Broccolini

To trim tenderloins, remove the thick white membrane, holding it taught, with the knife blade angled away from the meat. Slice each tenderloin into four 5-6 oz. pieces, for a total of 8 medallions. Season each with salt and pepper.

To use the narrow end of the tenderloin for Wellingtons, fold the "tail" over and tie with string to hold in place during searing. (Remove the string before wrapping medallion in pastry.)

Sear medallions in 1 T. oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat on both sides, 10 minutes total. Transfer to a place and chill until completely cool, at least 30 minutes. (Do not wash the pan--use the drippings to start the Mushroom Sauce.)

Sauté garlic and pepper flakes in 1 T. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant. Add spinach, toss to wilt, and season with salt. Drain spinach in a sieve, pressing with a spoon until dry, then coarsely chop: cool completely.

Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package directions. Trim off a 2" wide strip from 1 side of a pastry sheet and reserve for garnishing.

Roll out remaining pastry on a floured surface to a 12" square, then cut into four 4" squares. Repeat rolling and cutting with second pastry sheet.

Assemble Wellingtons by first laying a slice of prosciutto on each square, then topping with a pork medallion. Top pork with about 1 T. each of goat cheese and spinach, then another slice of prosciutto.

Brush corners of pastry with egg wash and fold a corner up to the top. Fold the opposite corner to the center in the same way; press corners to adhere. Tuck in the sides as if wrapping a gift and fold up remaining corners, gently stretching pastry over open areas to enclose the fillings. Transfer Wellingtons to a parchment-lined baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.

Decorate Wellingtons with pastry cutouts; cover with plastic and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.

Preheat oven to 425° with rack in lower third; brush Wellingtons with egg wash. Bake until golden, 30 minutes. Rest 5 minutes before serving.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Holiday Menus 2007"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : The wellingtons can be assembled and decorated, then covered and chilled up to a day ahead. Before baking, bring them to room temperature, brush with egg wash, and bake according to instructions.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Roasted Mushroom Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Butters-Gravies

Sauté in 1 T. olive oil; Add:
1/2 pound assorted mushrooms (about 4 cups) -- sliced
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Deglaze with; Add:
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh parsley
Off heat, Whisk in:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter -- optional
1/2 teaspoon truffle oil -- optional
pepper -- to taste

Sauté mushrooms with salt in oil over medium heat in the pan used to sear the pork. Cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add shallots, sauté 1 minute, then stir in tomato paste and cook until it starts to brown, about 1 minute. Add flour and 2 T. butter; cook 1 minute.

Deglaze with wine; increase heat to high. Boil to reduce and thicken, 2 minutes, then add broth and herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce coats a spoon, 12-15 minutes.

Off heat, whisk in butter, truffle oil, and pepper. Discard herb sprigs before serving.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Holiday Menus, 2007"
Yield:
"2 1/2 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lemon Broccolini

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Fruits-Vegetables

Blanch:
1 pound broccolini spears
Toss with; Finish with:
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt -- to taste
juice of 1/2 lemon

Preheat oven to 425°.

Blanch broccolini in boiling salted water 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water, then drain in a salad spinner or colander to remove excess water.

Toss broccolini with oil and salt, transfer to a baking sheet, and roast in oven until florets just begin to char, 4-5 minutes. Before serving, finish with lemon juice.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Holiday Menus 2007"
Yield:
"4 cups"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by cjs (Oh My IT'S DECEMBER ...)
You know brother Dave started this and should return from Mexico in time to help prepare it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by bjcotton (You know brother Dav...)
With everything going in Dec I've decided, this time...one of you needs to come over and cook this for me

Volunteers?

Ok Ok I'll throw in a bottle of wine.
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by DFen911 (With everything goin...)
Wine gives me a headache, but you could come over to my house, or we could all go to Jean's house....yeah, I like that idea, or maybe Lorraine's.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by bjcotton (Wine gives me a head...)
Any up for a Vegas run in March?

Just thinking what a fun way to us all to get together. Of if you want come to S. Calif and you can all come to my house and we'll cook, and laugh and eat well
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by DFen911 (Any up for a Vegas r...)
Denise, don't be surprized to see us on your doorstep one of these days as we're headed south....I thot about it the last time we were down that direction, but didn't feel I knew you well enuf....yet! But, this time - watch out!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by DFen911 (Any up for a Vegas r...)
we'll cook, and laugh and eat well

Wouldn't that be fun! I don't think I'll be going far, I printed out the cost of all the immigration forms. ouch!

But, I'm in for the dinner review!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by cjs (Denise, don't be sur...)
Gonna be kinda tough from here but will take a raincheck---we'll be on the west coast one of these days!!!

In for the dinner too!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner for Review Dec. 17th by bjcotton (Wine gives me a head...)
yeah, I like that idea, or maybe Lorraine's.

ooops, missed that one. Now you're talking!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.