Cooking Pleasures magazine
  Re: (...)
Does anyone here get this magazine???? I evidently had a brain pfffffffffa#rrrrrrrrrrrrk and threw out the brand new issue. I realized it today - and oh cr@p there were a bunch of cookie recipes I was planning on making. Gawd my brain is gone . . . gone . . . gon. . . go. . . g. . . . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Cooking Pleasures magazine by Harborwitch (Does anyone here get...)
How can I help?
  Re: I've got it by lxxf (How can I help?...)
There was a recipe for bittersweet chocolate cookies, and I think - not positive - a walnut peanut butter cookie.

I really appreciate it - and I'm sure everyone else will too - the walnut peanut butter were to DIE for.
  Re: Re: I've got it by Harborwitch (There was a recipe f...)
I'd be happy just to find recipes that could duplicate Pepperidge Farm Brussels Mint or Bordeaux cookies. Actually, in my own experimentation, I did come VERY close to the Bordeaux once but, of course, that was the time I hadn't written down the proportions I tried. Otherwise, it's not unusual for me to make small batches of cookies, by just throwing together the ingredients I feel like using, without a written recipe - just so they have the right consistency for making cookies. Sometimes baking soda, sometimes no. Sometimes an egg, sometimes no. Whatever flavouring comes to mind - vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, cardamom.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I've got it by labradors (I'd be happy just to...)
Bittersweet Chocolate Slices

1 oz. unsweetened chocolate or 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up, slightly softened
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar

1. Pulse chocolate and half of the sugar in food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add remaining sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse several times. Combine milk and vanilla in small bowl. With processor running, add milk mixture; process until mixture clumps around blade or sides of bowl. Place dough on counter; knead a few times to blend dough.

2. Form dough into 9-inch log 1-3/4 inches in diameter. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.

3. Heat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices; place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake 12 - 15 minutes. (Cookies will puff up and deflate; they're done about 1-1/2 minutes after they deflate.)

4. Slide cookies with parchment onto wire racks; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. (Cookies can be made 1 week ahead. Store in an airtight container.)

About 3 dozen (2-3/4 inch) cookies

I see Salted Peanut utter Toffee Thumbprint cookies and Gooey Turtle Bars. Was that what you were looking for? It's alot of typing and I want to make sure I get the right one.

Sally
  Re: et voila by lxxf (Bittersweet Chocolat...)
Oh thank you ma'dear! I'll be all over this recipe tomorrow.

Uh was the walnut peanut butter one in there???

What's funny about this whole thing is that I got all my printed recipes organized - stacked all my cooking magazines by "brand", and tossed catalogs that were old. I put the Cooking Pleasures (2 of them, can't remember the other one)along with a holiday appy magazine to put in the kitchen. When I got up the next morning the Cooking Pleasures were gone!

Teach me to get organized!

Teach me to read a post all the way through first. No neither of those were it. Perhaps the index (not up on their website yet) might list them??? Thanks so very much for your help! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
  Re: Re: et voila by Harborwitch (Oh thank you ma'dear...)
I don't even see that in the index. Maybe it's in a different magazine. I'm just waiting for some cream cheese to come to room temp to make Cook's Illustrated chocolate cheesecake brownies. I don't have high hopes however, since I forgot to add the sugar and vanilla until after I added the flour. I hope that doesn't ruin them.
  Re: Re: et voila by lxxf (I don't even see tha...)
You guys are killing me here - here I am posting a Cooking light recipe.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: et voila by Harborwitch (Oh thank you ma'dear...)
That's a lost cause Sharon, bless your heart

Sally dear, you are a jewel!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: et voila by bjcotton (That's a lost cause ...)
She is a jewel! Worst part is that Bob and Jennifer said they were the best cookies ever! All I remember is a cup of chunky peanut butter and 1/2 cup of chopped toasted walnuts.

Billy I will never again try to get organized - then we went shopping today, while we were gone she moved all my stuff again!