Italian Wedding Soup--Review
  Re: (...)
Made this for dinner tonight. I made a recipe for meatballs yesterday for grinders (YUMMMM!!!!) and saved some of the meat mixtuer for this inasmuch as I have been looking at this for some time and I have NOT seen another review for this.

WE were very disappointed---something just did not work in this recipe. It is not often that I cannot turn one of these recipes around with a few twists to make something interesting---not this time.

I do not post a negative comment (usually just let it pass without comment) but I was wondering if someone else has tried this recipe and thoughts??? It sounded good---didn't work---IMHO.

Won't do again because I cannot see any changes that would work---maybe the chefs out there can give some options for improvement??

First BUST with C@H
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Italian Wedding Soup--Review by Roxanne 21 (Made this for dinner...)
Lots of mild flavors goin' on in the recipe, were you maybe expecting a certain flavor? hmmmm, interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
This must not be in the regular magazine. Is it in Splendid Soups?

We love Italian Wedding Soup. Espeically my son, all those little meatballs. Yum.

Bummer it didn't go well. Like you said, maybe someone else made it and had a different result.

Did it smell good when you were making it. What was the primary fragrance? Just curious.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Roxanne, I have not tried that one. But now I know I am not in a hurry to. I just thought I would pass on a good review - although I don't have all the information. My mom has made a vietnamese meat ball soup that she really enjoys. It is out of an issue I have lost unfortunately. I think it was issue 25.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
I have made the meatballs (yummmmm) for the subs and the sauce...now I want to make the Italian Wedding Soup and can't find that page for the recipe...is there a way you can email it to me?..sorry to read you were dissapointed in it...makes me wonder if I want to make it...thanks..May
sandermahr@bigvalley.net
  Re: Re: Italian Wedding Soup--Review by may (I have made the meat...)
I have read the recipe, and wasn't moved by it. Maybe it is more tradition than flavour.
  Re: Re: Italian Wedding Soup--Review by vannin (I have read the reci...)
I have made the meatballs and the subs---totally AWESOME!!! This recipe is the best ever for meatballs---moist, tons of flavor and not that difficult to put together!!

The soup was not a winner though----we love all of the ingredients in this soup--sort of a minestrone with meatballs. For some strange reason, it was not pleasant for the time put in----still can't figure it out!!

Win some---Lose some!!!
  Re: Re: Italian Wedding Soup--Review by Roxanne 21 (I have made the meat...)
"sort of a minestrone with meatballs." oh God, great minds and all that, Roxanne!! I was going to say I assumed that wass how it was going to taste....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Italian Wedding Soup--Review by cjs ("sort of a minestron...)
I just had Italian Wedding Soup yesterday in the faculty dining room and it was really good! I think they make their soups from scratch, at least they used to.

Now I will look over this recipe and compare it to some other Italian cookbooks I have to find a recipe that is as good. If I find one, I'll share it here
  Re: Re: Italian Wedding Soup--Review by HomeCulinarian (I just had Italian W...)
Please do---I think my problem with this recipe was that I wasn't in the right frame of mind----the ingredients are my favorites so maybe I will try again---MEATBALL MINESTRONE!!! How can ya beat that!!!