December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery!
  Re: (...)
Anyone out there that has the Thai Curry Chicken Salad Cups recipe? I brought the ingredients home but left the recipe at the store! Oops. Thanks in advance.
Richard Meyers
rpmbe58@hotmail.com
  Re: December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery! by rpmeyers (Anyone out there tha...)
Richard,

Welcome to the forum. Although I do not have that recipe, I'm sure someone here will have it.

I would just make a suggestion, though, that you edit your message and remove your email address. First of all, people can respond to your message right here, in the forum.

More importantly, computer programs called "robots" (or just "bots" for short) regularly scan almost ALL forum websites (i.e. not just this one, in particular), looking for email addresses to "harvest." Once they have it, they can send you all kinds of junk email ("Spam"), and even virus-laden email.

Thus, to keep the junk mail from becoming overwhelming, you should never post your email address where it will be openly visible to the general public (and, therefore, to the bots, as well).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery! by labradors (Richard,[br][br]Welc...)
I don't think I have that issue yet. Sorry.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery! by bjcotton (I don't think I have...)
WELCOME RICHARD!!!! I don't have that issue either---but then again I am always at least 6 months behind my family here!!! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you that recipe---sure sounds interesting!!!

Please visit again soon!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery! by rpmeyers (Anyone out there tha...)
Here is the recipe!

Thai Curry Chicken Salad
in Phyllo cups

Find phyllo cups in the deli or frozen food section of the grocery store. If you can't find them, serve the salad on small rounds of toasted baguette instead.

Makes 45; Total time: about 30 minutes

3 boxes purchased mini phyllo cups (45 cups)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 T. plain yogurt
2 T. Honey
Juice of 1/2 lime
8 oz. cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
2 T. red onion, minced
1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
2 T. slivered almonds
2 t. vegetable oil
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1/2 to 1 t. Thai red curry paste
Fresh cilantro leaves

Preheat oven to 350; arrange phyllo cups on baking sheet
Toast cups in oven until golden, about 8 minutes; set aside to cool
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, honey and lime juice in a bowl. Add the chicken, bell pepper, pineapple, onion and cilantro; set aside.
Saute almonds in oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden, stirring often. Add ginger and curry paste, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds; stir almond mixture into chicken salad until blended. Fill each cup with chicken salad and garnish with a leaf of cilantro.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery! by luvnit (Here is the recipe![...)
Is this served hot or cold?
  Re: Re: December 2007 Issue Left at the Grocery! by DFen911 (Is this served hot o...)
looks like cold with the warm flavored almonds...sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com