Leftover Magic
  Re: (...)
Another one from the latest LCBO mag, I may have to buy and cook a turkey just to have these! If not, I'm bringing the recipe to VA for Christmas!

Turkey and Mashed Potatoes Perogies

1 Cup finely chopped cooked turkey
1 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded smoked cheddar or Jarlsberg cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsely
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup whippping cream
Pinch salt and pepper
6 slices bacon
1 onion chopped
1 cup cranberry sauce

Combine turkey, potatoes, cheese, parsely, and oregano in large bowl. Drizzle with whipping cream and season with S & P. Stir until well combined.

Spoon 1 Tbsp of the filling on half of a dumpling wrapper. (If using wonton wrappers, use a 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut out rounds). Brush edge with water and fold in half to form half moon shape. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients and set aside. (they don't say to crimp the edges well, but I would)

Cook bacon in large skillet until golden brown and crispy. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Add onion and cook until golden brown. Remove from heat.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, gently add half the perogies to the pot. Cook, stirring gently, for about 2 minutes, or until they float to the top. Scoop out with slotted spoon and add to skillet with onions. Repeat with remaining perogies.

Return the skillet to medium heat and panfry perogies for about 5 minutes or until light golden. Chop or crumble bacon over top, and serve with cranberries.

Serves 4 - 6.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Leftover Magic by Lorraine (Another one from the...)
Oh my goodness, this sounds good! Thanks Lorraine.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by Mare749 (Oh my goodness, this...)
and I still have 3/4 quarters pkgs. of turkey in the freezer!! Yeah!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Leftover Magic by Lorraine (Another one from the...)
Thanks, Lorraine, I actually have everything to make these! (or will Thur)

Yum. (Making your tortiere again on Friday)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by pjcooks (Thanks, Lorraine, I ...)
Making your tortiere again on Friday

Yeah! I'm so glad you liked it! I was thinking of making some touriere turnovers to bring to his brothers on New Year's Day. but, they are all sea food junkies!

I thought the perogies would make a great brunch, lunch, late day snack, midnight snack!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by Lorraine (Making your tortiere...)
Love pierogi, and these sound wonderful. Do you happen to have a recipe for making the wrappers from scratch? Nothing suitable is available here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by labradors (Love pierogi, and th...)
Lorraine, I can't get these out of my head, must make as soon as we get home this weekend. A little Southwestern cranberry salsa with this and I'm in heaven....

" 3/4 quarters pkgs. of turkey" even I can't translate this statement.... I have three pkgs. of turkey quarters left in the freezer
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by cjs (Lorraine, I can't ge...)
Isn't that funny, I can't get these out of my head either! Jean, are you going to use wonton wrappers or make your own pasta dough? I've only used wonton wrappers one other time, and I can't remember if we liked it or not.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by labradors (Love pierogi, and th...)
Quote:

Do you happen to have a recipe for making the wrappers from scratch?

Labs, started a new post for the recipes taught/given to me for pierogi from my ex's family, specifically, his paternal grandmother. Very easy to make.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Leftover Magic by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks Lorraine---what a great idea for leftovers----on the menu!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy