Here is the Recipe :

POLENTA CRUST:
1/2 CUP CORNMEAL
1/1/2 C. WATER
1/2 TBSP SALT
1 TBSP DRY BASIL
1 TBSP GARLIC MINCED
1/4 C. SHREDDED PARMESAN

BRING WATER TO A BOIL IN A SMALL SAUCE PAN. STIR IN CORNMEAL, GARLIC, SALT AND BASIL IN BOILING WATER. rEDUCE TO A SIMMER AND COOK FOR 15 MINUTES. COVER AND STIR OCCASIONALLY. AFTER POLENTA IS COOKED FOLD IN THE PARMESAN CHEESE. COOL FOR 5 MINUTES. PRESS INTO THE BOTTOM OF A 10 INCH SPRING FORM PAN. SET ASIDE

GORGONZOLA FILLING;

2 1/2 .LB CREAM CHEESE SOFTEN
1 .LB GORGONZOLA CHOPPED
5 EGGS
12 CLOVES ROASTED GARLIC OR CHOPPED WALNUTS

PREHEAT OVEN TO 325F. WHILE THE POLENTA IS COOKING PLACE GORGONZOLA AND CREAM CHEESE IN A LARGE MIXING BOWL AND ALLOW TO SOFTEN FOR 30 MINUTES. ADD EGGS AND MIX BY HAND *
UNTIL THE EGGS ARE INCORPORATED. POUR THE CHEESE FILLING INTO THE SPRING FORM
PAN. TAP LIGHTLY ON THE COUNTER TO REMOVE AIR BUBBLES. PLACE ROASTED GARLIC AROUND THE PERIMETER OF THE PAN AT EQUAL DISANCES OR SPRINKLE WITH CHOPPED WALNUT PIECES.

BAKE FOR APPROX 1 HOUR UNTIL INTERNAL TEMPERATURE IS 160 OR THE CAKE SPRINGS BACK WHEN LIGHTLY JIGGLED. ALLOW TO COOL ON THE COUNTER FOR AT LEAST ONE HOUR. SERVE WARM OR AT ROOM TEMPERATURE WITH TOASTED BAGUETTE OR CRACKERS. TO REHEAT, SLICE AND WARM IN A 350 OVEN KEEP UP TO ONE WEEK IN REFRIGERATOR.

TO LOOSEN CHEESE CAKE - RUN KNIFE AROUND EDGE.

* CAN MIX WITH LOW SPPED ON MIXER,

GOT THIS RECIPE FROM A COOKING CLASS - AND HAS BEEN ENJOYED BY ALL.
MARYE
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Gorgonzola CheeseCake by mjkcooking ( Here is the Recipe ...)
sounds delicious - I can just see my arteries closing up...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Marye, we had this yesterday (Friday) and it was gone in a flash. I made a half recipe as you suggested. Now that we know how great this is, will be making the entire recipe. Still might make 2 tho rather than one big one, so they could be strategically placed around the buffet. Thanks for sharing this!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
This could be a blue cheese classic--how does it feel to be on the brink of genius? I will let you know, but I have high expectations---
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Gorgonzola CheeseCake by Old Bay (This could be a blue...)
Oh my word, what a recipe!!! I am guessing this is served in fairly small slices. Although I think I could eat half of a half with a pear, grapes, quince jelly.
  Re: Re: Gorgonzola CheeseCake by vannin (Oh my word, what a r...)

We made this - for Thanksgiving Day and was consumed by all

We usually just serve with assorted crackers - but fruit would be nice

I have served it warm or cold and we love it both ways.

Enjoy!

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Gorgonzola CheeseCake by mjkcooking ([br]We made this - ...)
Thank you so much Marye.
I am out of Bleu Cheese

This looks so good. I have copied it and plan to make it soon. Looks wonderful!

Thanks for sharing with us.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Gorgonzola CheeseCake by luvnit (I am out of Bleu Che...)
Thanks again, Anon! I was getting ready to close out and go to sleep, but happened to notice this one...had to look! OH MY!

Marye, do you still make this? This looks FABULOUS! I can't wait for the next trip to Sam's to get an extra package of cheese, just for this!!!! And to think, I've got some blue cheese now and could make do, but NO POLENTA! The store in the city either quit carrying it...oh no!...or lost it in rearranging!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gorgonzola CheeseCake by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks again, Anon! ...)
This does sound very yummy, and it'd be easy to lighten it up some with low fat cream cheese etc.

Daph, you could try cornmeal for polenta, we like it
Cis
Empress for Life