Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish....
  Re: (...)
This may even be too far over the top for lab and Sharon, but found this in one of my 'stacks' I'm going thru -

Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish (Salmon)

1 Cedar plank, soaked in water for at least 1 hour.
1 lb. boneless skinless fresh salmon fillet
2 T. steak sauce
3-5 T. smooth peanut butter (room temp)
3-5 T. pineapple preserves or King of the Q Pineapple Rum Sauce
2 T. chopped fresh dill

Preheat grill to high.

Place ‘skin’ side down on presoaked plank.
Season salmon with steak spice, pressing spices into flesh to adhere.
Spread peanut butter evenly over salmon.

Stir tablespoon of water into pineapple preserves to thin. Spread pineapple evenly over peanut butter layer.

Place planked salmon on grill and close lid. Plank-bake salmon for 15-20 min. or till just cooked thru and salmon reaches 140 F., and peanut butter is soft and pineapple is bubbling and lightly crisp

Remove from the grill and season with chopped fresh dill. Serves 4-6.

----

Have no idea where this came from - think I'll have to try it, but maybe with Apricot-Pineapple instead....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by cjs (This may even be too...)
sorry!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by Roxanne 21 ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
It would sound great...

...if it didn't have the salmon and dill in it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by labradors (It would sound great...)
Oh come on, where's your adventurous spirit???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by cjs (Oh come on, where's ...)
Quote:

Oh come on, where's your adventurous spirit???

With the Moroccan, Ethiopian, and Indian recipes that have lots of spices!

Have tried salmon many times, but have never liked it. In fact, I'll TRY almost anything, but that doesn't mean I will actually LIKE it.

My adventurous spirit has even led me to discover that I don't like tuna sushi, but I LOVE eel sushi (unagi) - just the opposite of what I would have expected.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
I'll think about it. Somewhere in the back of my brain - but Labs is right - toss the dill, please. I'm thinkin' n thinkin' maybe. . . .

Salmon "kabobs" with salmon, pineapple, red onion, Thai seasoning - skewered on lemongrass stalks with a Thai peanut dipping sauce???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
How about tossing the salmon and eating the cedar plank?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by bjcotton (How about tossing th...)
Oh, that's right! No salmon for you! Oh well, might join you on this one - just not too sure.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I know where this recipe came from because I have it in my files too. It came from the same website where I got the Grilled Corn Dog Salad Recipe last summer. Remember that recipe?? I can't remember what the site is. The corn dog salad recipe was weird too but it got raves at our 4th of July party. I would definitely try the pb&j fish recipe!!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fish.... by SDRecipeGirl (I know where this re...)
Oh, I remember the corn dog salad - never did try it. Well, it may be just you and me, Lori!!
www.achefsjourney.com