The day after--The Hot Brown
  Re: (...)
I'm not a big turkey fan, but if you eat it once a year it's ok---and I look forward to brunch the morning after. This is an incredably rich, delicious way to use leftovers. From the Brown Hotel in Louisville.
4 oz butter
6 T flour
3 C milk
1 beaten egg
6 T grated parmesan cheese
1 oz whipped cream
salt & pepper to taste
slices of roast turkey
8 to 12 slices of toast
1/4 beefsteak tomato
extra parmesan for topping
8 to 12 strips of fried bacon
Melt butter and add enough flour to make a reasonably thick roux (enough to absorb all the butter). Add milk and cheese. Add egg to thicken sauce--heat, but do not allow sauce to boil. Remove from heat. Fold in whipped cream. Add salt and pepper.

For each Hot Brown, place 2 slices of toast on a flameproof dish. Cover toast with a liberal amount of turkey. Pour a generous amount of sauce over turkey and toast. Add tomato to sides of dish (2 slices). Sprinkle with additional cheese. Place entire dish under a broiler until sauce is speckled brown and bubbly. Remove from broiler, cross two pieces of bacon on top and serve immediately.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: The day after--The Hot Brown by Old Bay (I'm not a big turkey...)
I think I've died and gone to turkey heaven. Thank you!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The day after--The Hot Brown by Lorraine (I think I've died an...)
I love Hot Browns!! It's on my list also for some of the turkey I have to cook! I cut the darn turkey up into 4 parts so we wouldn't get so tired of it, but I'm so anxious for the leftovers, we'll probaby just keep on keepin' on with it...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The day after--The Hot Brown by cjs (I love Hot Browns!! ...)
That is an interesting leftover idea, OldBay--thanks---copied and saved!! YUMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: The day after--The Hot Brown by Old Bay (I'm not a big turkey...)
I have always wanted to try these. They sound so good.

Well, I vowed to my husband that this year I will make them and we can try them.

[Image: KY-hotbrown.jpg]

I had never seen them until now. Perhaps this pic will give others (who haven't seen them either) the inspiration to use those turkey leftovers in a new way!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: The day after--The Hot Brown by luvnit (I have always wanted...)

This will be a great way to try - a new left over - thanks for the recipe

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.