Recipe Request
  Re: (...)
Can't find my issue with the Fajita Steak Salad, it's about 3 years old, anyone have it? It includes a marinade and dressing that has ketsup, lime juice, honey, chipolte, etc.

Thanks!
  Re: Recipe Request by mcddeb (Can't find my issue ...)
mcddeb, welcome to the [Email]C@H[/Email] forum!

From what I have, I cannot find this. There are "steak salads" in issue 38, page 15.....perhaps that is the recipe you are after??? It is in the April 2003 issue. Perhaps someone in this group with MP can look it up for you and post it. Sorry couldn't help you.

Edit: mcddeb, the members who have access to the recipe archives have been having problems gaining access to them. Hang in there...this may just be a temp problem. The members in this forum are great people and one of them will get you the recipe!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Recipe Request by MUSICMAKER (mcddeb, welcome to t...)
Welcome to the forums, Mcddeb - I think this is what you're looking for.

Fajita Salad
(Cuisine at home, April 2003, Issue 38, p. 15)
Makes: About 10 Cups

For the Dressing—
Combine:
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 T. honey
2 T. yellow onion, grated
2 T. vegetable oil
2 T. water
1 t. (or to taste) chipotle chile in adobo, minced
1/4 t. ground cumin
Salt to taste

For the Flank Steak—
Marinate in 1/4 Cup Dressing:
1 lb. flank steak, trimmed

For the Salad—
Prepare:
1 bag (10 oz.) mixed romaine/leaf lettuce salad greens
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup corn chips, coarsely crumbled
1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup scallions, sliced

Sear Steak in:
1 t. vegetable oil

Garnish Salad with:
Sour cream

Combine ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Remove 1/4 cup for marinating flank steak; set remaining dressing aside.

Marinate steak in 1/4 cup dressing for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. Chill if marinating the steak longer than 30 minutes, otherwise it may be marinated at room temperature.

Prepare ingredients for salad, keeping components separate. Heat oil for searing the steak in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Remove steak from marinade (discard the excess); season with salt and pepper.

Sear steak on both sides until medium-rare, 3–4 minutes per side. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice steak against the grain with a sharp knife. To assemble, layer half the greens in a deep glass bowl (a 12-cup trifle bowl is perfect). On the lettuce, layer half of each of the tomatoes, cheese, chips, beans, cilantro, scallions, and steak slices. Drizzle with half the dressing, then layer the rest of the ingredients. Pile the other half of the steak slices in the center, and drizzle remaining dressing on top.

Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and serve.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Recipe Request by mcddeb (Can't find my issue ...)
Welcome, mcddeb!

Glad Jean could help you out with the recipe!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Recipe Request by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
Thanks so much, that is exactly the recipe I was looking for. If you haven't tried, it is fabulous. I have made it so many times I almost know it by heart, but needed it for reference!!

Thanks for your time and effort.
  Re: Re: Recipe Request by mcddeb (Thanks so much, that...)
I have made this and we did like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com