New Product? Has anyone seen these
  Re: (...)
"seasoned" paper baking/BBQ/cooking sheets?

While at the market the other day, at the butcher counter, there was this display all brightly decorated and a sign reading, "NEW PRODUCT", so, curious me had to check it out!

They are what looked like parchment paper, but they were "seasoned", choice of hickory, smoked, and several others. There were 5 or 6 in the package and cost $5.99. You would wrap your food in them to bake or BBQ, you know, those "food pouches" you can make (don't know the proper terminology). You place the food off center then fold over like an envelope and then roll the edges under a few times to make the "pocket". Was tempted to try them, but forgot to go back and grab them after the butcher called my number.

Has anyone used these or heard of them? If so, any comments?
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: New Product? Has anyone seen these by MUSICMAKER ("seasoned" paper bak...)
Haven't seen them, and while I probably wouldn't buy them for home use, they might be handy for when we go camping in our RV.
  Re: New Product? Has anyone seen these by MUSICMAKER ("seasoned" paper bak...)
In French the terminology would be

en Papillotte
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: New Product? Has anyone seen these by Trixxee (Haven't seen them, a...)
That would be a good use, or if it's too cold to BBQ, or, for anyone who could not have a BBQ (me! They do not allow them here! )
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: New Product? Has anyone seen these by MUSICMAKER (That would be a good...)
Cheap & dirty way to get a smoke, eh? I agree, they would be fun to have in the RV. hmmmmm....have to check this out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com