Stove Top Apple Crisp
  Re: (...)
I made the one from Weeknight Menu #2, and it is a keeper. I ended up changing two things. I couldn't find the oats, so used Raisin Bran cereal. That way I didn't have to look for the raisins. And, I forgot to put it in the oven, so did the whole thing on the stove. It was so easy, and the flavour was great!! Will definitely do this one again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Stove Top Apple Crisp by Lorraine (I made the one from ...)
That does sound like a good one - I used to love to make crisps, haven't for the longest time.

But, you are confusing the olderly one, Lorraine, I don't see where you're supposed to put it in the oven...and why is the topping put on a "parchment-line plate"?

I'm really not trying to be picky, but did you notice the way the apples were prepped? I've never see it done that way before. I've always cut them in quarters and used a paring knife to remove the core. This picture shows cutting around the core - looks like quite a waste of apple.... how do you all prep your apples?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stove Top Apple Crisp by cjs (That does sound like...)
Well, I had the ingredients ready, when the phone rang. The call really discombobulated me (that'll be another post), so I was cooking and talking at the same time. Never a good idea at my age. I didn't use the parchment, forgot about it completely, and really don't see the need for it either. I peeled the apples, cut into 1/4's,cored them with a knife, then cut into 8ths.
  Re: Re: Stove Top Apple Crisp by Lorraine (Well, I had the ingr...)
can't chew gum and walk at the same time, eh???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stove Top Apple Crisp by cjs (can't chew gum and w...)
Nope. LOL Some days I should just stay out of the kitchen!
  Re: Re: Stove Top Apple Crisp by Lorraine (Nope. LOL Some day...)
I just re-read the whole recipe. I wondered why I had a bowl of pecans on the island yesterday. D#amn things never made it into the pan. I think I'll re-try this whole recipe and write a new review.
  Re: Re: Stove Top Apple Crisp by Lorraine (I just re-read the w...)
Getting a little anxious for November 7th??????
www.achefsjourney.com