Rye Beer Bread

1 12 oz can of beer
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 TBS oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour
3 cups rye or whole wheat flour
1 package yeast

Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed. Set cycle to "whole wheat" and desired crust. 1 TBS caraway seeds may be added at the "add ingred." signal.

Dump into greased bread pan, let rise, and bake.

Very good rye bread.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: For Billy - Nasty Delicious Rye Beer Bread by Harborwitch (Rye Beer Bread[br][b...)
This is one I'll make as soon as this week is over - sounds so good.

And I think I'll make some sauerkraut soup to go with!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: For Billy - Nasty Delicious Rye Beer Bread by cjs (This is one I'll mak...)
Oooh boy! Does that sound good! I've got some left over pork roast - now, if I had sauerkraut I'd simmer them together and toast up some of that bread . . . could be dinner tonight!
  Re: Re: For Billy - Nasty Delicious Rye Beer Bread by Harborwitch (Oooh boy! Does that...)
I don't like Rye Bread! That was so nasty I ate half the loaf. Surprised myself too. But, it was truly delicious so I called it the Nasty Delicious Rye Bread the whole time I was eating it.

Sharon, what do I wo without a bread machine? I'll have to look in How To Cook Everything I guess
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: For Billy - Nasty Delicious Rye Beer Bread by bjcotton (I don't like Rye Bre...)
I think I'd just proceed as usual for bread in the KA. I think.
  Re: For Billy - Nasty Delicious Rye Beer Bread by Harborwitch (Rye Beer Bread[br][b...)
Can't wait to make this, Sharon! Thanks for the recipe, I'm seeing this with some really good sliced ham, honeycup mustard and sauerkraut.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: For Billy - Nasty Delicious Rye Beer Bread by pjcooks (Can't wait to make t...)
Mmmmmm...pastrami! Mmmmmm...brisket!

Pity that rye flour isn't available here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
This sounds too good! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Sharon!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."