October's Cookbook
  Re: (...)
I finally narrowed the choice down to two books. Between the tomatoes in my garden still ripening and being able to get great flavored ones in the markets, the choice was between Joanne Weir's "You Say Tomato" and Lois Landau & Laura Myers' Too Many Tomatoes, Squash, Beans, And Other GoodThings"

I'm going with Weir's book - I've gotten ideas from this one over the years, but have never made a recipe from it. Some good lookin' ones here. Anyone else out there have this book?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: October's Cookbook by cjs (I finally narrowed t...)
Sounds like a good choice, Jean. I don't have any of her cookbooks, but I do get her show on PBS and really enjoy it!

I changed my mind, I'm going with "Noodles Galore" by Merry White. Noodle dishes from all around the world, some look really interesting, even though I can't pronounce them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by Lorraine (Sounds like a good c...)
Oh my, I'll have to go look for that one....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by cjs (Oh my, I'll have to ...)
Does that mean I have to choose another BOOK???? I'll check it out---too many to choose from!!! HMMM---maybe a James Martin----he's a cutie!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by Roxanne 21 (Does that mean I hav...)
No Roxanne, don't feel pressured - if it's fun, do it, otherwise wait a while. You're younger than I so you have lots of time to cook from all these books...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by cjs (No Roxanne, don't fe...)
I think I may have to rethink this one. The one person in the house that will eat my experiments has been seconded back to Copenhagen to work until Christmas. The other person's idea of noodles is either spaghetti with meat sauce or lasagna with meat sauce, no variations. Hopefully, I'll be able to scale down the recipes and make them for my lunches.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by cjs (No Roxanne, don't fe...)
NOT that much younger, Sweetie!!! (but I will enjoy that moment!!!)

NO PRESSURE!!!!! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET TO NEXT!!!!!! %*%*&^%^$@#$ I will have a revelation---SOON!!!! I just know it!!!!
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by Roxanne 21 (NOT that much younge...)
(hey folks, Rox is off her meds again....)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: October's Cookbook by cjs ((hey folks, Rox is o...)
GEESH----give a gal a BREAK!!!!
  Re: October's Cookbook by cjs (I finally narrowed t...)
I can't make up my mind so many of mine are ethnic, and I'm not sure we could stick to one for that long. But since there's been a dearth of Mexican lately I'm thinking of Rick Bayless' Mexican Kitchen. It's been a while - and about time to play with our favorites again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!