Pimentos, Habaneros, the pepper crop is great!
  Re: (...)
Started harvesting the habaneros out of the garden, weather made them really really hot this year. Nice crop with excellent smoke flavor and a heck of a lot of heat.

First year raising pimento, man do these little plants produce serious fruits! 10 to 14 pimentos on each plant, just starting to finish in perfect red!

Anyone else raising the peppers out there?
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Pimentos, Habaneros, the pepper crop is great! by bbally (Started harvesting t...)
I have an incredible batch of habs this year. I've always heard they like hot, dry weather, which is exactly what we had. I picked a lot 2 weeks ago, made jelly and salsa. I'll have another batch to pick this weekend. Because of the shear quantity I had, I tried freezing some for the first time. Even our regular green peppers are still producing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pimentos, Habaneros, the pepper crop is great! by Lorraine (I have an incredible...)
Unfortunately----the jarred thing here but what a wonderful crop, Bob!!! Wrong hemisphere and sandy soil---someday!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Pimentos, Habaneros, the pepper crop is great! by bbally (Started harvesting t...)
Not a good year for peppers for us. I only grew jalapenos this year and bell peppers. Last year was a great year - even froze some - not this year. I am still struggling to get my tomatoes to ripen!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.