Oh, Musicmaker, are you out there????
  Re: (...)
I made Linda's gingersnap cookies today and let me tell you, they are just delish! Talk about melt-in-your-mouth yummy! I couldn't even stop picking at the dough. My hubbie is a happy camper, this is just what he wanted. Thanks Linda!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Oh, Musicmaker, are you out there???? by Mare749 (I made Linda's ginge...)
Hey, Maryann! Glad to hear you made the gingersnap cookies! They ARE good, aren't they!? Wish I could take credit for the recipe! Don't know if I told you that I found it in a cookbook that was nearly 150 years old...written on that delicate paper (we used to call it onionskin and used it for typing when a carbon copy was needed! THAT's OLD!)

Glad you liked it....it's a fav of ours, too!

Hope to be back on board in a day or two...our internet service has been down for nearly 2 weeks now and it is driving me nuts!! Getting a LOT done, tho! A wake up call about spending too much time fooling around on this thing! (At the library right now trying to catch up on correspondence!) Talk to you all soon!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Oh, Musicmaker, are you out there???? by MUSICMAKER (Hey, Maryann! Glad ...)
"A wake up call about spending too much time fooling around on this thing!"

No, no Linda, don't even get that thot in your head!! Just get on back here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh, Musicmaker, are you out there???? by cjs ("A wake up call abou...)
Yes, exactly! Get your butt back here soon!

I forgot to mention in my first post that I used some fancy decorating sugar that I got at the cake supply store. It's white, and more coarse than table sugar and also comes in lots of different colors. This gave the cookies a pretty sparkly top and a great crunch.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Oh, Musicmaker, are you out there???? by Mare749 (Yes, exactly! Get y...)
" our internet service has been down for nearly 2 weeks now and it is driving me nuts!! "

I know what you mean. Our pc was hospitalized last week, and is just getting back on it's feet. Good to see you back!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.