Used Book Website
  Re: (...)
Not sure how many of you buy used books online, but the thread on books for Christmas made me think of this. I have been using these two sites for the last few years, and have got some great deals. He had been moaning about a book he lost years ago, and was never able to find it again. I went online last week, and picked it up for $1.00 (I’m now a hero!!!!). There were about 25 of them, ranging in price from $1.00 to $56.90. The one I got is in mint condition he said. And, I got free shipping in the States!!!

www.abebooks.com

www.tomfolio.com
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Used Book Website by Lorraine (Not sure how many of...)
http://www.bookfinder.com is my favourite, since it combines ABE, tomfolio, Powell's, et al, all into one.

If I have an ongoing or unsatisfied search, then I use ABE for the ability to "save this want" so that any future updates that match my criteria will be emailed to me. Otherwise, that's the only time I use ABE directly, and I just let BookFinder do the work.

If you use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, you may also like Book Burro. It is an extension you can add on to Firefox so that whenever you search for a book an a site, it will give you an overlay that shows a comparison of prices from many different sources, without your having to go to a separate web page to do so.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Used Book Website by Lorraine (Not sure how many of...)
What book was it he had lost Lorraine? I'm going to have to bookmark those sites.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Used Book Website by bjcotton (What book was it he ...)
I'm glad you asked Billy, because I'm curious too. Thanks for the websites, Lorraine. I love to buy used books and have never gotten a bad one yet.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Used Book Website by Mare749 (I'm glad you asked B...)
I've had really good luck with Amazon's resellers for used and new books.
  Re: Re: Used Book Website by Mare749 (I'm glad you asked B...)
Thanks for the site, labs!

The one he lost was "Lilies Of The Kitchen", all about onions, leeks, shallots etc.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Used Book Website by Lorraine (Thanks for the site,...)
I have one site I use - Good Lord, I can really get in trouble with multiple sites....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com