Special issue cooking instructions on steakhouse
  Re: (...)
For those of you who received the special issue of Cooking at Home this past week or so. When you are looking at the Steakhouse steak method.

Realize is was wrote without thinking about altitude. Since the country is not flat in a lot of places. Water activity changes a lot. Especially if you live above 3500 feet in elevation. Using the magazine quoted time for finishing steak above 3500 feet will result in a very dry product done beyond what the guide says. Water boils at a lower temperature at altitude. So you lose more to evaporation in the same amount of oven time.

Just thought you would want to know.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Special issue cooking instructions on steakhouse by bbally (For those of you who...)
special issue of Cooking at Home this past week or so.

Did I miss a new issue???
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Special issue cooking instructions on steakhouse by Lorraine (special issue of Coo...)
I think it is a promo thing to solicit new subscribers? Came to my wife not me, but as with all things food, I read it. Just struck me as odd that a widely distributed publication did not have the change in elevation considered.
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Special issue cooking instructions on steakhouse by Lorraine (special issue of Coo...)
Cooking at Home or Cuisine at Home ?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Special issue cooking instructions on steakhouse by luvnit ( [u]Cooking at Home[...)
Cuisine at Home, I screw that up when I type in the url as well.
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985