Roxanne, How's Peter?
  Re: (...)
If you posted an update, I missed it. How's he doing?

darn, I'm going by memory here. I sure hope that's his name!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Roxanne, How's Peter? by Lorraine (If you posted an upd...)
I was just going to ask that myself, Lorraine! C'mon, Roxanne, we're waiting for an update.........How's your hubbie doing?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Roxanne, How's Peter? by Mare749 (I was just going to ...)
I just rec'd a PM from her and she is awfully busy. Said she would get back to us when she had a moment.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Roxanne, How's Peter? by bjcotton (I just rec'd a PM fr...)
He's home...it's gotta be good! But, it'll be good to hear. Yes, Lorraine, his name is Peter (or would a "Torontoian" say 'Petah'??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roxanne, How's Peter? by cjs (He's home...it's got...)
WELL---where do I begin---I promise to keep this very concise and not too boring. He arrived home---I didn't recognize this man I sent off 3 weeks prior---I was totally devastated to see his very fragile condition and the weight loss---NOT GOOD!!! (Now this is after the program I had instituted---YIKES!!!)

We have had to start from square one again---all of the testing, bloodwork, scans etc. Anyway, after 3 days of running around---he ruptured his ureter while the stone was barging its way through and of course that required a stent in Scottsdale---with the continued bleeding and med management---the result is what I saw. I totally expected that but it was still a total shock.

He went for another scan yesterday---we have been waiting to here what the MD recommends for further treatment even though Peter (yes, Lorraine---PETER!! ) consulted with the radiologist---the benefits of being an American MD here!!! YIPPEE!! He had passed the major stone through the stent but now we have to deal with THREE more!! So now we have to monitor that, maintain bedrest, medication etc. and hopefully NOT have to have the open procedure. Keep your fingers crossed, guys!!! He is also having a flare-up of a low back/leg pain from previous spinal surgery......have my hands full but at least I know he has proper nutrition and fluid balance. I sincerely believe that all will be well---just another hiccup in the trials of life at almost 70 years.

THANKS for your concerns/queries and support. The most difficult part of this ordeal was, of course, not having hands on control---I am much more stable (???) now that he is here (and your support has been phenomenal!!) and I just know that my man will be okay!!!

You all are the BESTEST!!!! Hugs to all, Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: You all brought a smile---thank you!!! by Roxanne 21 (WELL---where do I be...)
Thanks for letting us know, Roxanne. And hugs for you too!
I'm glad he's home and in your care. That long flight could not have been easy for him. Hopefully, now that he is home and can rest up a bit, he will start to heal.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: You all brought a smile---thank you!!! by Mare749 (Thanks for letting u...)
Rox, I think a lot of us around here are 'somewhat' ( ) control freaks, so know exactly the frustration of being a half a world away and no way able to do anything!!!

But, while you take good care of Peter, do not neglect yourself - you need all your strength also, so stay strong!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: You all brought a smile---thank you!!! by cjs (Rox, I think a lot o...)
Most assuredly watch after yourself. I know that is a difficult row to hoe having been there when someone you care about is ill! But it is necessary my friend!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: You all brought a smile---thank you!!! by cjs (Rox, I think a lot o...)
So good to know you 'have your hands on him' Roxanne. It will make a world of difference to you both.
  Re: Re: You all brought a smile---thank you!!! by bjcotton (Most assuredly watch...)
I'm glad to hear John made it home safe and sound. Just kidding!!! I'm thinking Peter's really glad to home and with you! Take care of both of you!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.