Successful Sausage Day
  Re: (...)
I still had a few pork shoulders and butts in the freezer, as decided to make sausages last weekend. Got out my Savory Sausage book (thanks to Jean for suggesting it), and after looking through it, decided on Breakfast sausages and Sweet Italian. The breadkfast ones turned out really good. I would have made the Italian recipe from the book, but it called for 100 lbs of pork, and I was not about to try scaling it down. So, found another recipe I had printed off ages ago. All in all, a successful day.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Successful Sausage Day by Lorraine (I still had a few po...)
Good idea, Lorraine, it is getting to sausage making temperatures again, isn't it?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Lorraine, were you using sage in the breakfast sausage?
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Successful Sausage Day by bbally (Lorraine, were you u...)
I did. I think there was also a bit of ground allspice in it.
  Re: Re: Successful Sausage Day by Lorraine (I did. I think ther...)
I lie. The allspice was in the Italian sausage.
Loraine, have you found that Savory Sausage book quite useful? Have been "eyeing" it for a while on a cookbook site.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Successful Sausage Day by MUSICMAKER (Loraine, have you fo...)
We love the book. Not only for the sausage recipes, but also for the recipes for the sausages you've made. Jean told me about it a few years ago, and I bought it used, online, for less than $10.00. Great investment!!!
  Re: Re: Successful Sausage Day by Lorraine (We love the book. N...)
Lorraine, thanks for the review of the cookbook. Went ahead and ordered it and should have it late next week.

In the meantime, would you mind posting the recipe for the breakfast sausage? Set aside this weekend for making things to stock up the freezer, like the hmuffins, and would like to make the sausage. Can never keep enuf of that in the house. That is a "grab and go" around here.

BTW, made your sweet potato muffins a few days ago and they went over big! They couldn't figure out what was in them (besides the cornmeal)...kept them guessing for a bit! They were surprised when they found out it was the spuds! Thanks for that recipe!

Thanks, too, for your anticipated posting of the sausage recipe!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Successful Sausage Day by MUSICMAKER (Lorraine, thanks for...)
No problem, I'll post it this weekend. If you like sausages, I think you'll really enjoy the book!