Twisted Nectarine Kuchen
  Re: (...)
[Image: IMG_5648.jpg]

Made this yesterday - Jennifer and I were looking at it when it came out of the oven - and came up with the "twist"

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup + 1 TBS sugar divided
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 lb nectarines unpeeled, and sliced (about 3 cups)
4 tbs. honey
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 TBS coarse sugar, optional

Heat oven to 350F. Spray bottom of a 9" round (I used an oval because that's all I had) pan with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.

Beat butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar,and brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed 3 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in egg, just until blended. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.

In a small bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder; beat into batter at low speed just until moisted. Spread batter in pan.

Arrange nectarine slices over batter. Sprinkle with 1 TBS sugar. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cake is puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.

Warm honey in microwave and stir in black pepper and thyme leaves. Drizzle over fruit and serve with whipped cream.

You can sprinkle with the extra coarse sugar if desired.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Twisted Nectarine Kuchen by Harborwitch ([img]http://i177.pho...)
Oooohhhh, looks good, Sharon! Photo is almost edible! Recipe reads like one that can take other fruit as well, like peaches with a sprinkling of blueberries??

Thanks for posting and sharing the recipe!

Edit: your avatar is not appearing on my computer...just a box the size of the avatar and then the little box in the upper left corner with the red x in it. I'm no computer geek so don't know if this is my computer or if the avatar is too large? Just thought to let you know! [/i]
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Twisted Nectarine Kuchen by MUSICMAKER (Oooohhhh, looks good...)
Thank you Linda. It called for plums - we had nectarines. I think peaches would be great, blueberries yum. Rhubarb and raspberries even. The thyme and pepper in the honey just make it! There are barely 2 servings left and there were only 3 of us!

I'll check the avatar - it's working elsewhere must have messed up somewhere!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Twisted Nectarine Kuchen by Harborwitch (Thank you Linda. It...)
Sharon, did wonder if plums were in the makings somewhere! All those suggestions you just posted all sound great! Added those to the recipe.

Don't you just love honey with pepper? When first introduced to it, didn't sound appealing...until tasted. Then was surprised to see that it is sold already made! There is a bee "farm" (or whatever they are called???) just a few miles from here so we go there often for fresh honey. Nothing like it! They sell so many varieties and then make their own "blends" which they sell in smaller sizes, like trial sizes, which I like. You don't spend large amounts of money on something you think you would enjoy and then get it home and not like it. Good stuff!

Thanks for the ideas!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Twisted Nectarine Kuchen by Harborwitch ([img]http://i177.pho...)
Sharon, that looks fabulous! Definately something my Mom would love, she has a birthday coming up, with all the birthdays we celebrate this time of year, a nice change of pace.

Thanks!

PJ
PJ