I Have a New Project
  Re: (...)
Since I'm just a tad past middle age... and I have so darn many cookbooks, some I've never even cooked a dish from, I thot of a project I'm going to go for.

Each month I'll choose one of the books I've not cooked from and for that month cook some of the dishes from it. I think it will be fun. Sept. book is Nigella Lawson's, Feast, and even tho I've cheated right out of box, I didn't see that hot chocolate recipe until I was marking ideas to try, so that doesn't count...

Certainly will not cook exclusively from the books, just try one or two a week.

Anyway, I'll see how well I do with this project - it ought to be fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I Have a New Project by cjs (Since I'm just a tad...)
If you are looking for a place to start, page 303 is the beginning of the Georgian feast. The stuffed chicken a few pages in is an excellent recipe, and you have the makings of a great soup after the dinner is completed!

Love the book!
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
What a fun idea, Jean. I just started watching Nigella, (don't know why or how I missed her before now)and I love to watch her cook!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a great idea, Jean!!! I started doing that very thing about four months ago. I have over 1000 (YES, one thousand) cookbooks and many are just pretty to look at and very complicated recipes----for the pro for sure but I loved the ideas presented--- So, bought them---

I think it might be fun to have a review each month---RECIPES FROM BOOKS WE HAVE NOT COOKED FROM BUT ARE SITTING THERE??? Just quickie reviews---then, if anyone interested in the recipe--we could post??

Nigella---yes!!! I have two books (not tried a thing)
Giada de Laurentis (ditto)
Barefoot Contessa (ditto)
Ainsley Harriot
James Martin
tons of more homey type books
Share a Recipe (I have made a couple---)
I have many collections of Grand Diplome etc.

TOO many to comment on---

What do you all think??

FUN, Jean!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: I Have a New Project by Mare749 (What a fun idea, Jea...)
Fun to watch her cook but better to watch her eat what she cooked---

She is HUGE here---many, many programs!!! She is truly a delight!!
  Re: Re: I Have a New Project by Roxanne 21 (Fun to watch her coo...)
"Share a Recipe (I have made a couple---)" - I know that book!!!!

What a fun idea, Roxanne!! Let's do it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Have a New Project by cjs ("Share a Recipe (I h...)
Sounds like all of us have the SAME cookbooks! In title and quantity!

Would we all make something from the same book or all of us use a different book?

This sounds like fun! The once or twice a month review with the C@H recipes isn't enough, for me, at least.

Should we tune this plan up a bit more?
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: I Have a New Project by MUSICMAKER (Sounds like all of u...)
I think we all ought to do our own thing and when we run across a really good one, we can review and share it. sound good?

I need to use this project to work around what all I have in my freezer, so I'll need to choose that way - at least for a while.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Have a New Project by cjs (I think we all ought...)
That is how I have been doing it. Go to the freezer--okay what's been here for a while--take it out and to the books!!

I agree that maybe a review according to what we have concocted from whatever chef---go from there. I don't think that we all have the same collections so that would be a little out of range for most...use what we have and share the experience.

This is gonna be a treat!!! Let's not forget the dinner parties, though!!! Those must remain sacred!!

Anybody else???
  Re: Re: I Have a New Project by Roxanne 21 (That is how I have b...)
Jean, I'm in!!! What a great idea! We both have a cookbook from a great looking Italian young Chef. I think he works in England. I've always wanted to make soem of his dishes. I found two boxes of unpacked cookbooks int he basement yesterday. I've only been in the house 9 years.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.