Shrimp cocktail
  Re: (...)
Just wondering what you all have for a favorite cocktail sauce recipe?

I usually serve with a remoulade--a New Orleans recipe but want to try something new.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Shrimp cocktail by Roxanne 21 (Just wondering what ...)
I have a blueberry, horseradish cocktail sauce that gets rave reviews at the caterings. But you have to cook the shrimp in Vanilla and Vodka for it to work out. The sauce in the center of these prosciutto wrapped puff shrimp I did at last years wedding show is the same.

If you are interested let me know and I will write it up and post it for you.

http://www.horsehelmets.com/blogpics1/we...fshrmp.jpg
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Shrimp cocktail by bbally (I have a blueberry, ...)
bbally---nice to see you here too!! I browse that other site frequently --- just a lurker though!

YES YES YES---please post the recipe--love new things and this sounds totally wild!!! I could not open the image you posted, though. Went to google and no match was found--what am I doing incorrectly?

Delete that statement---it came through...you must have been transmitting as I tried to download----those look incredibly YUMMMM!!!!
  Re: Re: Shrimp cocktail by Roxanne 21 (bbally---nice to see...)
Try it now I was dorking with it trying to get the image to load. I just made it a link directly.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Shrimp cocktail by bbally (Try it now I was dor...)
You were reading my mind---what little is left---thanks!!

Quote:

Shrimp cocktail

I didn't know they drank alcohol. Do they have little, tiny bars, as well? I guess those must be the sand bars.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Shrimp cocktail by Roxanne 21 (You were reading my ...)
here's our favorite, Roxanne - I'll even throw in my favorite way of doing shrimp for either hot or cold service - in case you want to try a different way.

GARLIC ROASTED SHRIMP COCKTAIL

oven to 450°. On a heavy baking sheet mix together -
(for ~1 1/2 lbs. shrimp)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. EVO
Kosher salt & cracked black pepper

Add the peeled, but tails left on, shrimp to the b. sheet and toss together with the garlic mixture. Spread out in a single layer.

Roast for 3 min, turn shrimp over & continue roasting till the shrimp are opaque and firm, another 2-4 min.

Transfer shrimp to a shallow dish, cover partially & refrigerate. When the shrimp are chilled, eat those suckers!! Just remember when you transfer the shrimp, scrape the bottom of the b. sheet and get all the great goop for the shrimp.

I'm bound and determined one of these days to stay out of the shrimp long enuf to cook up some pasta and just scrape all that on top!! It is so good!

Also, if you don't have a favorite cocktail sauce -

1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c chili sauce
1/4 c grated red onion
1/2-1 tsp. finely chopped fresh jalapeno
2-3 T. prepared horseradish
1 T. fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt to taste.

This will keep up to a week...I'm told. Just before serving taste and add more lemon juice and salt if needed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I make a large batch--
2 C catchup
4 T Worcestershire sauce
4 T (or more) horseradish
2 T Crystal, or other Louisiana hot sauce
Juice of one lime

When this is right it will open your sinuses!!! Good on raw oysters too. (And on a saltine!!)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Shrimp cocktail by cjs (here's our favorite,...)
Great suggestions!!! Now to get going with those fresh shrimp I bought today---another part of my coup!!!
  Re: Re: Shrimp cocktail by bbally (I have a blueberry, ...)
This sound fabulous and very different. I would love the recipe if you would share it with me or post it. Thanks.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura