Freezing twice baked potatoes
  Re: (...)
I made the spicy shrimp and crab potatoes from issue 60 and I have some leftover and was wondering if they would be "freezable" I have not actually done the twice baked part. I have made the shells and the mixture and stuffed them but i have not added the cheese and reheating in the oven?
Thanks
Linda
  Re: Freezing twice baked potatoes by Emmasmum (I made the spicy shr...)
go for it - perfect stage to freeze! I love having those little goodies in the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Freezing twice baked potatoes by Emmasmum (I made the spicy shr...)
OOOOO those twice baked are incredibly decadent!!!

Will look at the issue again--I know I have made that and it was a keeper----calorific!!!! but a keeper---YUMMMM!

I don't have access to crab very often--this is one of the recipes I will use when I can find it!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Freezing twice baked potatoes by Roxanne 21 (OOOOO those twice ...)
" go for it - perfect stage to freeze! "

I agree. While I haven't made this recipe, I freeze mine all the time. They make great lunches.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Freezing twice baked potatoes by Lorraine (" go for it - perfec...)
I haven't made this particular recipe either, but when making twice baked potatoes, I always make a couple dozen. I put them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for about half a day then transfer them to freezer bags. That way we can take out as many individual potatoes as needed for future dinners.