Cake with Mocha Frosting
  Re: (...)
Hi Guys,
I need your help. I promised to make bday cake for a 6 year old that LOVES buttery mocha frosting. Does anybody have a good recipe for the cake either white, yellow or chocolate with Mocha frosting?

All the help is really appreciated.

Thanks
  Re: Cake with Mocha Frosting by piano226 (Hi Guys,[br]I need y...)
Oh, boy! Combining chocolate, coffee, and sugar for a six year old! No hyperactivity there! LOL!

Sounds great, though. Sorry I don't have a recipe for you.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Well, don't know how much help this will be, but these are obscenely dellicious!!!

Disgustingly Rich Brownies

Recipe By :dnelson - C2C
Serving Size : 8

1 cup butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts -- optional

1. Preheat oven to 350F, then smear the inside of an 8- or 9-inch baking dish with shortening.
2. Melt the butter over low heat. Watch it. It's easy to burn.
3. In your mixing bowl, stir the cocoa and sugar together. Then stir in the melted butter. Add the eggs and vanilla, and stir again. Now add the flour and salt, and mix just until smooth. Not too much. (If you're adding walnuts, now's the time.)
4. Scrape the mixture out into the greased pan and spread out in an even layer.
5. Bake until the brownies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan (or until you can stick a toothpick in and pull it out with no batter sticking to it). Takes about 60 to 65 minutes. Let cool before cutting or if desired, icing with a chocolate ganache.

Mocha Sauce
Recipe By :Southern Living

1 cup whipping cream
4 ounces semisweet chocolate bar -- chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1/2 cup kahlua
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Heat whipping cream in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until reduced by half (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat.

Add chocolate and coffee granules; whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Gradually add liqueur, whisking until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and vanilla; cook over low heat, stirring often, 5 minutes.

Yield: 1 1/2 cups

Ahem....Chocolate Frosting...

2 lbs. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 Quart Heavy Whipping Cream

Heat Cream in Double Boiler. Whisk in Broken up Chocolate till melted. Remove from heat. Whip until cool then spread on Brownies.

May be Adulterated with Kahlua or other Flavoring of Choice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have a recipe for Chocolate Layer Cake with Mocha Milk Chocolate Frosting from Fine Cooking. If you want, I can type it in (very lengthy instructions, but not hard) or just in case you have Fine Cooking mags it's in Issue 25, Page 52.. Let me know.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Cake with Mocha Frosting by Dismc (I have a recipe for ...)
Dismc, just a hint about typing up recipes to post. Type it in Word first, then copy and paste it into your new posting. Otherwise, you might time out while you are typing and lose the whole thing. It's happened to several of us.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."