Master Cook 8.0
  Re: (...)
HI I just bought this program after seeing what all
you can do and hearing all about it from all of you.

Now could someone send me information on Importing and
Exporting recipes.
I have been trying to work with it - and think
I have successfully done one recipe. !!! ha ha my own
to the Mc Program.

thanks for any help.
Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Master Cook 8.0 by mjkcooking (HI I just bought th...)
Marye, I bought MC because I learned about it here, too. To import a recipe from the forum, just hightlight it and copy (Control C). Then paste it (Control V) in the Import Assitant in the window and click the import button. The program will put the information where it thinks it belongs and you can make modifications in each field. Otherwise you can highlight sections of the text in the import window and direct it to the different fields.

Exporting is even easier. When on a recipe, up in the menu click copy recipe(s), then they are saved to your computer's clipboard to be pasted in the forum, on e-mail, etc.

I haven't been successful using the email feature within MC, though.

Also note there are a lot of good recipes that come with the program and you can make as many new cookbooks as your heart desires.
  Re: Master Cook 8.0 by mjkcooking (HI I just bought th...)
Marye, I have instructions for 9.0, but I didn't write up any for 8.0. Sorry. I think I have a book that came with 8.0 though so maybe I can be of some help.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Master Cook 8.0 by bjcotton (Marye, I have instru...)
Marye, you are going to really enjoy your new program. I am not able to use the export feature on my program either, which has been a little annoying since I was able to use it with earlier versions of MC. So, I just copy and paste instead and it works fine. Have fun, there are a lot of great cookbooks within the program too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."