Help BBQ Salmon recipe?
  Re: (...)
Hi friends,
I'm going to peruse my C@H mags today for a recipe for grilled salmon, perhaps one that's marinated or cured first? Was there one with dill? Those of you with access to the Members Plus, it would be a huge help if you could look there and help me narrow it down to a few choices. If anyone has a moment free today, and thanks in advance.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Help BBQ Salmon recipe? by farnfam (Hi friends,[br]I'm g...)
Cis, these are the only ones in the archive for grilled salmon - forgot to look for "with dill" will check out in a minute -

Grilled Salmon with Chipotle-Cherry Glaze
(Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 8)

Makes: Four 6-oz. Filets Total Time: About 4 1/2 Hours Rating: Intermediate

For the Jalapeño Lime Butter—
Combine:
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, room temperature
1 T. minced fresh cilantro
1 T. jalapeño, seeded, minced
Juice of 1/2 lime

For the Cure—
Combine:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 T. coarse black pepper

Rub Cure over:
4 filets (6 oz. each) fresh salmon

For the Glaze—
Puree:
1/2 cup cherry preserves
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chipotle chiles in adobo
1 t. minced fresh thyme
1/2 t. ground cumin
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste

Drizzle in:
3 T. olive oil

For the Salmon—
Marinate in; Grill:
1 cup Chipotle-Cherry Glaze

Serve with:
Jalapeño-Lime Butter
Reserved glaze
Grilled corn, potatoes, and scallions

Related Recipes:

Jalapeno-Lime Butter

Combine all ingredients for Jalapeño-Lime Butter in a small bowl using a rubber spatula or spoon. Initially, it won’t blend easily, but it will over time. Place butter on the bottom edge of a sheet of plastic wrap. Lift the bottom edge up and over the butter, rolling into a log. Twist ends of the plastic wrap to seal, then chill or freeze until firm.

Combine brown sugar, salt, and pepper for the cure.

Rub cure generously over salmon filets and place on a baking sheet. Cover and chill for 4 hours.

Puree preserves, ketchup, chiles, seasonings, and lime juice for the glaze in a food processor or blender until smooth.

Drizzle in oil while machine is running. Process until slightly thickened and set aside. After 4 hours, remove the salmon from the cure and pat the filets dry with paper towels.

Marinate filets in about 2/3 cup of glaze for 15 minutes (reserve the remaining glaze for serving). Preheat grill to medium-high; clean the grates and oil them lightly when hot. Grill filets.

Serve the salmon with Jalapeño-Lime Butter, reserved glaze, and grilled vegetables.

Nutrition Information (Per 6 oz.):
558 calories 36% calories from fat 23g total fat 50g carb. 480mg sodium 1g fiber

Grilled Salmon
(Cuisine, June 1997, Issue 3, p. 29)

Makes: 4 Servings Total Time: 40 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

Mix Together for Fruit Salsa:
1/2 cup cantaloupe, diced
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup purple onion, diced
1 1/2 T. lime juice
1 T. light brown sugar, packed
1 T. fresh mint leaves, minced
1 t. jalapeño pepper, minced
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. lime zest, minced

Cut & Skin into Four 5-oz. Portions:
1 fillet of salmon

Dip in:
1 cup maple syrup
2 T. cracked mixed peppercorns

Related Recipes:

Fruit Salsa

Mix all ingredients for Salsa together.

Cut the fillet into serving portions before removing the skin. This will make skinning easier, with less chance of wasting good meat. Cut down to the skin through a tiny bit of meat. Now you have something to hold on to as you slice with the knife blade flat on the board. Fire up the grill. Then wrap some wood chips in aluminum foil for a smoke bag. Poke holes in the top of the bag and place it on the grill. You can crack the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle. Then combine them with the maple syrup.

Dip the fish pieces. When the grill is very hot, put the salmon on at a 45° angle. Then rotate it 90° after it’s cooked 1/4 way through for great grill marks. Halfway through cooking, flip the fish, keeping a 45° angle to the grill. You’ll rotate it again for the last bit of cooking to finish grill marks. Doneness can be checked with a thermometer. 130° is done. With practice, just poking the fish will tell you when it’s done. Garnish with lemon and lime slices, and the fruit salsa.

Nutrition Information (Per 5 oz. portion):
357 calories 23% calories from fat 9g total fat 31mg sodium

Grilled Salmon Salad Niçoise - will post this if you're interested.

Was it a particular recipe you're looking for? Between Lorraine and I, I think we have just about every salmon recipe ever created....Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help BBQ Salmon recipe? by cjs (Cis, these are the o...)
Thanks cj, those look good. Just wanted some guidance as to where to look. I've also collected a few that were posted here, Tom Douglas rub looking good too. Thanks again for the help
Cis
ps What's Salmon Nicoise?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Help BBQ Salmon recipe? by farnfam (Thanks cj, those loo...)
doesn't this sound good??

Salmon Salad Niçoise
(Cuisine at home, August 2006, Issue 58, p. 34-35)
Makes: 4 fillets, 6 cups salad Total Time: 50 Minutes

For the Vinaigrette—
Whisk Together:
3 T. stone-ground mustard
3 T. olive oil
2 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. honey
Salt to taste

For the Salad and Salmon—
Simmer:
1 lb. small red potatoes, halved
4 eggs
1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed

Marinate and Grill:
4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper

Toss:
4 cups fresh baby spinach
2 cups tomatoes, cut in wedges
1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved

Related Recipes:
Baguette Croutons

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl.

Simmer potatoes and eggs for the salad in salted water to cover, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 10–12 minutes, then remove eggs and plunge them into cold water (when eggs are cool, peel and quarter). Cook the potatoes 5 minutes more, then add the beans. Simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes. Plunge potatoes and beans into cold water; drain.

Marinate salmon in oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag for 10 minutes.

Grill fillets, covered with a foil pan, for 12 minutes, or until they flake easily with a fork.

Toss spinach, tomatoes, onions, and olives in a large bowl with vinaigrette, potatoes, and beans. Serve salad topped with grilled salmon; garnish with egg wedges.

Place the salmon on the grill and cover with a disposable foil pan. Cook 8–12 minutes depending on the fillets' thickness; do not flip.

Nutrition Information (Per Fillet with 1.5 cups salad):
711 calories 36g total fat 53g carb. 868mg sodium 9g fiber 50g protein
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help BBQ Salmon recipe? by cjs (doesn't this sound g...)
Oh yeah, this sounds very good too. Next shopping day, I'll be sure to pick up what I need for that one next.
Btw, tho' I was planning to grill asparagus tonite, I remembered this recipe and think I'll do this instead.
Grilled Zukes (from memory, which means it's not totally accurate but you'll get the idea)
On a large sheet of aluminum foil, pile cut up zukes, sliced onions (white and red)and slices of roasted red pepper (fresh or from jar work). Sprinkle liberally with Italian dressing (any kind but Balsamic). Salt and Pepper to taste. Fold up foil and grill @ 20min. To serve, open foil and sprinkle with crumbled Feta or Gorganzola (guess which one we'll use )
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Help BBQ Salmon recipe? by farnfam (Oh yeah, this sounds...)
whoooa, the veggies sound so good!!! what's not to love, eh?

OOOOOhhh, you know what sounds good with that? Did you do the last review dinner with us?? the Red wine feta vinaigrette for the ribeyes would really be good with this. (I'm off to check my cheese supply!!)
www.achefsjourney.com