800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of
  Re: (...)
We cleaned out the freezer, defrosted and scrubbed today. All the broths, meats, tamales, veggies, etc., just about made me cry. Especially the quart of shiitake broth I had in there and the 6 pounds of unsalted butter. I didn't even swear at him or call him nasty names

To further your education of the 800 lb-er, I was embarrassed that I had taken his last pay check and deposited it to my account instead of his; yesterday I looked at my account online after HE deposited his check and discovered it had again been deposited to my account. Boy did the bank screw up, I thought. Come to find out he just opens the drawer where the checkbooks are, grabs a deposit slip and deposits his check, doesn't look to see whose account it is. He says, "Our checkbook has always been there!" I say, "So has mine for the last 15 years!" Bless me for I have sinned and used Paul's name in vain
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by bjcotton (We cleaned out the f...)
oh dear, what happened to the freezer? door open?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by cjs (oh dear, what happen...)
Yes Jean, this is the second time he's done it. The first time he put a bag of ice in the freezer, in the smallest space available [there was an empty shelf right below it], swung the door to close it and walked off. The ice bag held the door open about an inch...luckily I found it before it spoiled everything. This time I was in Portland and it was slightly open the whole weekend. Typical gorilla tactics

Billy
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by bjcotton (Yes Jean, this is th...)
And you didn't shut him in the freezer?? I'd have been hard pressed not to, at least he'd have felt like he got run over by a verbal microplane grater!!! Billy you have the soul of a saint!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by Harborwitch (And you didn't shut ...)
No, just new antidepressants

Billy
  Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by bjcotton (We cleaned out the f...)
I've looked at your post several times, decided, if I haven't anything good to say, say nothing, but I got tired of being noble

Wow, it sounds like you're living with a teenager, not a fully grown man! How do you do it? You've more patience than I, my friend!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by pjcooks (I've looked at your ...)
I suppose it doesn't matter which acct. he posts the cheque in Billy, you run the house and disburse as you see fit anyway. As for the freezer, well, I don't see murder as unreasonable in some instances.
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by bjcotton (No, just new antidep...)
Hard to belive that you haven't asked for flowers before this. I would definitely need to boost my antidepressants with sedatives!!! This sounds like a MAJOR case of CRS---like constant??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by Roxanne 21 (Hard to belive that ...)
Oh yes Roxanne it's definitely constant. It seems his mind is set on one thing at a time, say, putting the ice in the freezer, where, doesn't enter his mind nor does anything peripheral...say like shutting the door. Emptying the dishwasher is another trial...things either go in a drawer or a cabinet...which drawer or cabinet is irrelevent as long as it's in one of them...sometimes takes days to find something...hence the labels.

[Image: Labels-1.jpg]

[Image: Labels-2.jpg]

See the soap dispenser you gave me for Christmas Dale?

Billy
  Re: Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of by bjcotton (Oh yes Roxanne it's ...)
Uh Oh------we have a DEFINITE unitasker in the midst----LUCKY YOU, Billy----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy