Wrong recipe on RSS feed
  Re: (...)
Just discovered that this site has an RSS feed for recipes, and my initial access to it brought up almost 150 entries! Wow!

The first one that happened to catch my eye was "Vietnamese Caramel Chicken with Herbs." So, I followed the link, and was take to the recipe for "Classic Apple Pie," instead. Other links seem to work okay, although I haven't tried all of them.

Do any of you have the "Vietnamese Caramel Chicken with Herbs" recipe, or at least the proper link to it?

Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by labradors (Just discovered that...)
labradors, WHAT ON EARTH is an RSS feed---?????

Whatever it is---sounds like something I would research---GEESH---I'm in LA LA land here---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by Roxanne 21 (labradors, WHAT ON E...)
RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication," and is a way that websites distribute some of their content in a manner that allows subscribers to know what is new. For example, many news-related sites (Fox, CNN, et al) allow you to receive the latest headlines that way, and you can even receive the latest alerts from the National Hurricane Center.

In this case, Cuisine at Home has a "free recipes by email" service (see the main page) through which they do just that: send you new recipes via email. If you don't want to have such messages come to your email inbox, and are able to use an RSS reader (many email programs and services, such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. have one), then you may elect to have the new recipes sent there.

For a more complete explanation - both of the general concept, and of how it applies to C@H, go to http://www.cuisineathome.com/main/rss-about.html
  Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by labradors (Just discovered that...)
Vietnamese Caramel Chicken with Herbs
Makes 2 Chicken Breasts
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Issue 48, December 2004

Prepare:
1¼ cup water
¾ cup raw jasmine rice
Pinch of salt
Cucumber-Peanut Salad

Caramelize; Combine and Add:
½ cup sugar
¼ cup chicken broth
2 T. fish sauce

Sear in 1 T. Vegetable:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 oz. each), seasoned with salt and pepper to taste

Sauté in 1 T. Vegetable Oil:
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 T. shallot, minced
1 T. garlic, minced
1 t. jalapeno, seeded, minced

Add and Simmer:
Seared chicken
Caramel syrup

Combine; Serve Chicken with:
¼ cup scallion, bias-sliced
2 T. torn fresh mint leaves
2 T. torn fresh cilantro leaves
2T. torn fresh basil leaves
Cooked jasmine rice
Cucumber-Peanut Salad

Prepare rice as directed on the package; keep warm off heat. Prepare the cucumber salad.

Caramelize sugar in a small skillet over medium high heat until the color of iced tea, 5-7 minutes. Combine broth and fish sauce and carefully add it to the caramel; set sauce aside.

Sear chicken in oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; wipe out the skillet.

Sauté ginger, shallot, garlic and jalapeno in oil in the skillet over medium heat about 1 minute.

Add chicken and caramel; turn chicken to coat. Simmer until caramel thickens and chicken cooks through, 3-5 minutes.

Combine scallion and herbs. Serve chicken over rice, drizzling sauce and sprinkling herbs on top, with cucumber salad on the side.

Cucumber-Peanut Salad
Makes: About 1 Cup

Combine
1 cup cucumber, seeded, sliced into half-moons
1/4 cup red onion, slivered
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 t. sugar
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt

Combine cucumber, onion, vinegar, sugar, pepper flakes, and salt in a bowl. Let marinate at least 15 minutes at room temperature.

Garnish with:
Chopped dry roasted peanuts just before serving
  Re: Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by BonnieAZ (Vietnamese Caramel C...)
Thanks. Sounds wonderful. Personally, I'll skip the cucumbers, but that's on the side, anyway. Can't get jasmine rice here, either, but do have basmati - will use that.
  Re: Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by BonnieAZ (Vietnamese Caramel C...)
Thanks Bonnie, that really sounds like a good recipe. I'm anxious to try it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by Mare749 (Thanks Bonnie, that ...)
Oh Yum, folks, This is one of our all time favorite recipes/menus. I believe it's listed as a "Table for Two". We just love this one, even had it with Saki as a beverage one time, but usually white wine. Do try it, highly recommended for a romantic evening at home
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wrong recipe on RSS feed by labradors (RSS stands for "Real...)
DUHHH---thanks, labradors I knew that!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy