Pizza dough recipe from past issue
  Re: (...)
I had the best pizza dough recipe ever from an old cuisine at home magazine, and my mom accidentally threw it away. There was a whole section in this particular issue about making traditional pizzas. There was the regulation neopolitan pizza dough recipe and a quick version too. Both were awesome. Does anyone have a copy that they could post.
  Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by Blair1548 (I had the best pizza...)
Lots of people (Jean, Billie and a few others) have access to the archives. They should be able to post them for you. I think it was probably from issue 32, April 2002.

Good luck. I think this is also a favorites of Roxanne.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by esgunn (Lots of people (Jean...)
This is all of the pizza dough recipes I could find. Hope it contains the ones you want...and welcome to CAH.

Basic Pizza Dough
(Cuisine, June 1997, Issue 3, p. 14)

Makes: Two 12-inch Pizzas Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes Rating: Easy

Proof:
1 cup warm water (105°-115°)
2 packets active dry yeast
1/4 t. sugar

Add:
2 T. olive oil

Stir into:
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. kosher salt

To proof, dissolve yeast and a pinch of sugar in warm water. Water temperature should be 105°-115°. If you're not sure, use a thermometer. While the yeast is proofing, combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Stir them up a bit, even though kneading will help mix too. The foam on top lets you know the yeast is working. Otherwise you'd have to start over.

Add the olive oil.

Stir the yeast liquid to the dry ingredients while you stir in one direction. This helps the gluten start forming some strands in the dough. As soon as the dough can form a ball, start kneading. Push into the middle of the dough and away from you with the heel of your hand. Now fold the dough in half, give it a quarter-turn, and repeat step. Repeat. If the dough is sticky, add a little flour, a bit at a time. When done, it'll be soft and smooth. Poke the dough, and it slowly springs back. But it may take you 5 or 10 minutes to get there. Pour an additional tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl, put the dough in, and turn to get it coated all over. Cover and let rise in a warm place. Pizza crust shown here with spinach, prosciutto and Parmesan toppings.

Deep Dish Pizza Dough
(Cuisine at home, October 2005, Issue 53, p. 7)

Makes: Enough for Two 9-inch pizzas Total Time: 15 Minutes + 2 Hours Rising Rating: Easy

Combine and Proof; Add:
3/4 cup warm water (105 - 115°)
1 T. sugar
1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast (21/4 teaspoons)
2 T. olive oil

Mix:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
2 t. kosher salt

Fill Crust with:
Desired filling

Combine water, sugar, and yeast. Proof until foamy, about 5 minutes, then add oil.

Mix flour, cornmeal, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook; add yeast mixture. Knead on low speed for 10 minutes, or until smooth. (If kneading by hand, knead for the same amount of time.) Form dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about one hour. Punch dough down and re-shape into a ball. Return to oiled bowl, cover, and let rise again, about one hour. Preheat oven to 450° with the rack on the bottom; coat a 9" cast iron skillet with 1 - 2 teaspoons oil. Divide dough in half; wrap one half in plastic and freeze for later use. Roll out remaining ball, line the prepared skillet, and "dock" the bottom and sides with a fork to prevent puffing while baking. Now it's ready to be blind baked. To blind bake, first, line the dough with foil, then fill the pan with dried beans. This will help keep the sides from collapsing during the first baking. Prebake the crust until golden, not brown and crispy—that will come later when it's baked with the fillings.

Fill crust with pizza filling and bake. Let pizza stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Food Processor Pizza Dough
(Cuisine at home, April 2006, Issue 56, p. 25)

Makes: 4 Crusts Total Time: 11/4 Hours Rating: Easy

Dissolve; Stir in:
1 packet active dry yeast (21/4 t.)
1 cup warm water (105-115°)
1 t. honey
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil

Combine and Process:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. table salt

Dissolve yeast in water in a small bowl. Stir in honey and let stand 2–3 minutes, or until the liquid begins to bubble; stir in oil.

Combine the flour and salt in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. With the machine running, pour in the yeast mixture; process until the dough forms a ball on the blades. Remove the dough from the processor and knead on a lightly floured surface for 1–2 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Proceed with rising and dividing as online recipe for Pizza Dough directs.

Hand-Kneaded Pizza Dough

Makes: 4 Crusts Total Time: 11⁄4 Hours Rating: Easy

Dissolve; Stir in:
1 packet active dry yeast (21⁄4 t.)
1 cup warm water (105-115º)
1 t. honey

Combine:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. table salt

Dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl. Stir in honey and let stand 2–3 minutes, or until the liquid begins to bubble; stir in oil.

Combine flour and salt; fold into yeast mixture a cup at a time. As soon as you can scrape the dough out in one piece, remove it to a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding flour as necessary until the dough is smooth and elastic. Proceed with rising and dividing as online recipe for Pizza Dough directs.

Pizza Dough

Makes: 4 crusts Total Time: 11/4 Hours Rating: Easy

Dissolve ; Stir in:
1 packet active dry yeast (21/4 t.)
1 cup warm water (105–115°)
1 t. honey

Add, Knead, Let Rise, Press Out:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. table salt

Dissolve yeast in water in the mixer bowl. Stir in honey and let stand 2–3 minutes, or until the liquid begins to bubble. Add the olive oil and stir.

Add flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Use a paddle attachment just to mix, then change to a dough hook. Knead until the dough comes cleanly away from sides and clusters around the hook, about 5 minutes. Turn out dough onto a clean work surface and briefly knead by hand. The dough should be smooth and elastic; when pressed, it should slowly spring back and not feel tacky. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm spot to rise for 30–60 min. When ready, the dough will stretch when gently pulled. Divide dough into 4 pieces; shape into balls, pulling down sides and tucking under as you work around the ball 4 or 5 times. To remove air bubbles, roll each ball under your palm until smooth and firm, about 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap coated with nonstick spray and let rise another 30–60 minutes. Press dough out on a lightly floured surface. Turn the dough, pressing on its center, to gradually spread it to a 7–8" circle, or roll it out to 10–12" for a larger, thinner crust; press around the edge for a thicker, raised rim. Transfer to a pizza peel dusted generously with cornmeal or flour, brush dough with oil, then top.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I have two pizza dough recipes from Issue #32. I can scan the article, but not sure how to post once scanned. Any help would be appreciated.

Bonnie
  Re: Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by BonnieAZ (I have two pizza dou...)
Here is the neopolitan pizza crust. I searched the old posts and found where Roxanne had posted it. Now all you need is the basic pizza crust from the same issue.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post26964

Authentic Neapolitan Pizza Dough

this dough takes 6-8 hours but is the real deal!!! AND WORTH IT!!!

Makes 4-8 inch pizzas

Combine:
1 1/2 cups warm water (105-115 degrees)
1 t. active dry yeast (1/2 of a 1/4-oz package)
Mix with 3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
1 T.sea salt
I add a little pizza dough flavor to the mix---gives it an extra pizza boost but totally not necessary

Combine water and yeast. Proof until foamy, 5-8 minutes
Mix flours and salt in a bowl of a heavy duty mixer fitted with the dough hook.
Add yeast mixture to flour and knead on low speed for 30 minutes (NOT a typo)!!! Shape dough into a round, place in a lightly oiled bowl, and turn to coat.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let dough rise 4 hours in a warm place. Punch down, divide into 4 pieces, shape into balls. Brush lightly with oil, cover completely with plastic wrap, and let rise another 2-4 hours.

Shape by pressing fingertips into dough, leaving edge puffy to create a rim. Grasp rim with hands, working your way around the circle. As dough dangles, it stretches etc. I often will roll with a rolling pin for extra thin crust--works beautifully every time.

From Cuisine at Home
Issue 32 page 20
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by bjcotton (This is all of the p...)
Hey, Billy J, those wierd measures popped up again. . . in two places of one recipe . . .can you clarify for us, pretty please??? Thanks!

Makes: 4 Crusts Total Time: 11⁄4 Hours <font color="/">
Rating: Easy

Dissolve; Stir in:
1 packet active dry yeast (21⁄4 t.) <font color="/">
1 cup warm water (105-115º)

Thank you!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by esgunn (Here is the neopolit...)
That's the one that I was looking for. Can't wait to make it again. It's my husband's favorite.

Thanks!
  Re: Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by bjcotton (This is all of the p...)

Makes: 4 Crusts Total Time: 11⁄4 (translate: 1 1/4 hours) Hours Rating: Easy

Dissolve; Stir in:
1 packet active dry yeast (21⁄4 t.) (translate: 2 1/4 t.)

----
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Okay, back to a question I asked earlier in another thread (but somewhat modified to fit this thread)...

For those of you who have used any of the above pizza-dough recipes, have you successfully frozen any of the COMPLETED pizzas in a way that they could be reheated in 15 minutes or less without the crust becoming hard?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pizza dough recipe from past issue by labradors (Okay, back to a ques...)
Not completed, but...no 'raw' pizza has to be in an oven more than approx. 15 min.

Why not par bake a pizza crust, maybe 5-8 min, cool, freeze. Have your different topping in baggies and top to order, then put in a regular oven for, what 10-15 minutes? Would that work. It would just take a minute to top the pizza dough and get it in the oven.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com