Dinner With Harborwitch!!
  Re: (...)
We spent yesterday with Sharon & Bob and just had a ball as usual! Did a little wine tasting at Delicato winery, prowled around one of the largest Asian markets we've seen. And ended up with another wonderful dinner!

I'll let Sharon describe her menu, I'll just say all except one item were really winners! We always have such fun with them. And the new house - what a lot of great space she has now. Thanks Sharon and Bob.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by cjs (We spent yesterday w...)
Sharon is probably thrilled with the new space, I think the boat really limited her space for kitchenwares!

Sounds like a nice time
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by bbally (Sharon is probably t...)
There is an advertisement for some burger chain which has as part of the jingle 'Im lovin' it'.
And I am.
Hi Bobo, see you caught up with everyone!!
  Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by cjs (We spent yesterday w...)
This time we had lots of room to spread out and cook to our hearts' delight! Menu and recipes coming up!

Jean and Roy are such a pleasure to spend time with - and they were so much fun to explore a new market with. I think we hit almost every aisle.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by Harborwitch (This time we had lot...)
That's the way I like to shop at a new place, Sharon. Wander up and down the aisles and look at everything I haven't seen before, new brands, etc.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by bjcotton (That's the way I lik...)
I could have come home with an empty bank account. My favorite thing in the store was the "fillet million" the whole section @ 5.99 a pound! There were all sorts of strange animal parts that I've only seen eaten on Fear Factor - how about some stir fried (?) duck tongues??? There were frozen grubs, must have been a hundred different dumplings, buns, and assorted dim sum. Oh, the jackfruit! Talk about ugly - but the flavor will knock your socks off - the sweetest pineapple in the world cannot compete!

When you come to visit we'll go exploring some more - I know we didn't see it all. It was amazing - funny though to see a beautiful long aisle of Mexican food or the Kraft BBQ sauce sitting next to the Korean BBQ sauce.
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by Harborwitch (I could have come ho...)
"Talk about ugly" - Sharon, how could you talk like that!! they were cute big ol' thangs. like big black watermelons with feelers.

Hey, we forgot to talk wine with Sharon's dinner. We picked up a bottle of Viognier (sp?)at a winery in Medford that was wonderful with the soup, noodle and pattie dishes.

By dessert, we were ransacking S&B's wine collection - darn good ones also.

We also forgot to mention two guests that joined us barely in time for dinner! Sharon's daughter, Jennifer and her friend, shoot, I really apologize - I can't remember her name (it's two syllables I remember) What delightful young gals they are, we so enjoyed meeting and spending the evening with them. They love Sharon so much, they drove clear from Oakland for a couple of hours with us and drive all the way back before 11 p.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by cjs ("Talk about ugly" - ...)
The list of wines:

Ironstone 2005 Zin
Beringer 2005 Pinot Gris
Gallo Twin Valley Sauvignon Blanc
Daisy Creek 2006 Viognier (yummmmmmmmmmm)from Oregon
Loredona (Delicato) 2006 Riesling
Castoro Cellars 2005 Paso Robles Muscat Canelli
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by Harborwitch (The list of wines:[b...)
(*****, I could have looked so good if I'd waited just a minute!) It's Gina!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner With Harborwitch!! by cjs ((sh!t, I could have ...)
Huh??? You lost me here.

I'd have looked a little smarter if I'd noticed you edited your post! LOL