Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting
  Re: (...)
I was digging around yesterday for a cupcake recipe for Bob's lunch and found a recipe I liked the looks of on www.bakespace.com. The OP said she played with a Martha Stewart recipe to get this - and I played with it a bit more - I wanted LEMON, not lemon! I have to say these are so easy it's almost sinful.

Preheat oven and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine in a small bowl and set aside

In a small bowl combine:

1/2 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla

Beat in a mixer until fluffy:

1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 c. sugar

Add 2 eggs; one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed add half of the dry ingredients, followed by the milk mixture, and then the remaining dry ingredients.

Add 1 Tbs. lemon juice and finely grated zest of a large lemon. Do not overmix.

Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Lemon Frosting

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp +/- lemon juice
grated zest of a lemon.

Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Mix in more sugar or milk as needed to achieve a spreadable consistency.

These were soooooo good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by Harborwitch (I was digging around...)
Thank you, Sharon, it's nice to have a proven cupcake recipe in your cookbook. I've now got coconut, chocolate and LEMON!

Thanks for sharing!

PJ

I'm assuming 350, right?
PJ
  Re: Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by pjcooks (Thank you, Sharon, i...)
Duh! Yup 350. Being a lemon freak I absolutely love these & with them so easy to make . . . well I envision these happening a lot - perhaps next time with lime!
  Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by Harborwitch (I was digging around...)
This looks like a keeper! Thanx.
  Re: Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by HomeCulinarian (This looks like a ke...)
Thanks Sharon, I just love all things lemon. The more the better! Will be making these soon, I'm sure!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by Mare749 (Thanks Sharon, I jus...)
You are all quite welcome. I have been on a real citrus bend this year - I absolutely adore it - just wish I could eat more. But I stick to lemons, limes, and mandarins. Grapefruit are off my diet.
  Re: Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by Harborwitch (You are all quite we...)
oh my, these sound good!! I've been on a lemon kick also, the last few months.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Okay I had to bring this one to the top. Easter is up on us (for those who celebrate Easter) AND spring is upon us. I am sure we all celebrate SPRING!

But this looked so good, I have to make these this week for the family and Easter dinner coming up this weekend.

Thanks Sharon, this looks good and we are all 'lemonheads' here.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by luvnit (Okay I had to bring ...)
Thanks for bringing this back up Laura! Yup - gotta get some lemons and make these again very soon.
  Re: Re: Delightful Lemon Cupcakes w/ Lemon Frosting by Harborwitch (Thanks for bringing ...)
oh crap, I'm trying to be good again for a while....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com