The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook
  Re: (...)
by Pamela Rice Hahn, Published by Adams Media, Avon, MA

Browsing through this new cookbook I found about 26 Seasoning mixtures:

Cajun Spice Blend, Middle Eastern Spice Blend, Old Bay Seasoning, Pacific Rim, Pasta Blend, Poultry Seasoning, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Sonoran Spice Blend, Stuffing Blend, Texas Seasoning, Caribbean Spice Blend, Country Table Spice Blend, English Spice Blend, Fines Herbes, Fish and Seafood Herbs, French Spice Blend, Italian Spice Blend, Herbes de Provence, Blackened Catfish Spice Blend, Chipotle Chili Powder Spice Blend, Hot Curry Spice Blend, Garam Masala Spice Blend, Greek Spice Blend, Bouquets Garnis, Jerk Spice Blend, and Citrus Pepper...all non-salt.

If anyone wants one, just let me know.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by bjcotton (by Pamela Rice Hahn,...)
Do most of the recipes rely on herbs and seasonings for flavor rather than that salt substitute 'cr-p'?? That stuff makes me feel like I have a mouthful of metal...

I'm happy to wait and hear about them as you try them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by cjs (Do most of the recip...)
There's no salt-substitute in them Jean, just spices and herbs.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by bjcotton (There's no salt-subs...)
Then carry on and get testing for us!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by cjs (Then carry on and ge...)
I'm making a beef stew for supper tonight. I'll use all the seasonings Marilee has that it calls for...too expensive to go buy what she doesn't have

Billy
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by bjcotton (I'm making a beef st...)
Umm, Pasta Blend sounds kinda interesting. Be sure to post them as you try them Billy, I think they'd all be good to know. And at some point most everybody's got a reason, or a friend with a reason, to cut down on salt a bit. I know I use a TON of it, more than I should
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by farnfam (Umm, Pasta Blend sou...)
I'll we tried the Beef Stew yesterday and it was very good. Of course those of us who can have salt added some and it was even better.

When I get back to Portland [I'm in Roseburg until Monday evening] I'll post the spice blend for the Beef Stew.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by bjcotton (I'll we tried the Be...)
BJ, when you find the time, could you please post the Middle Eastern and Greek Seasonings.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by Half_Baked (BJ, when you find th...)
Sure 'nuf Jan. I was going to input them all into MC this weekend, but came home instead. Nobody here but me and Buddy

I just thought of something, I can log into the computer in Portland from here and post it if it's in the ocmputer. I'll do that.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Everything Low-Salt Cookbook by bjcotton (Sure 'nuf Jan. I wa...)
I have logged into my computer in Portland from Roseburg. So, this is being posted from Portland:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Middle Eastern Spice Blend

Recipe By Tongueamela Rice Hahn
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Spice Blends

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon crushed dried mint

Source:
"The Everything Low Salt Cookbook"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How about that?

Billy